.NET Application Developer
The Application Programmer is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and upgrading custom applications to solve various business problems. Provides SQL support to custom and commercial applications used by the Firm. Essential duties are performed personally, through delegation to subordinates, and/or in conjunction with other members of the IT Department. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned.
- Design, implement, maintain, and upgrade as appropriate custom applications developed for
- Develop solutions to business needs by applying designed software solutions and applications to sustain and improve the automation of business practices.
- Program and debug data uploads and extractions for Oracle Fusion.
- Provide technical support for back office systems including Microsoft SQL 2008, Microsoft SQL 2012, and custom written applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related specialty and six or more years application development experience, four or more years relational database design and development experience (MS Access and SQL preferred), and five or more years programming experience (Visual Basic and .Net preferred). Experience with full lifecycle development and data conversions within a large legal or professional services firm is desired. Experience with Oracle SQL is a plus.
- Computer proficient with working knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Visual Studio Programming Suite, HTML, and other Web technologies; experience with Windows API functions; and proficient with Microsoft Windows 10 applications preferred. Experience creating solutions for Active Directory- or file system related-issues a plus. Proficiency in C# is required. Must be quality and results oriented.
- Ability to analyze users’ requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Outstanding analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of programming in order to develop custom applications and conduct detailed analysis of application requirements, costs, feasibility, design, compatibility, and implementation including testing and installation, coding, technical instructions and assistance.
- Proactive with the ability to identify, define and analyze complex programming issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in exercising independent judgment with demonstrated troubleshooting, follow-through, and critical-thinking skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and consistently changing work environment with the ability to make decisions based upon results of research.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy and efficiently follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to provide technical support and training to a diverse group of users having different levels of computer expertise including attorneys, support staff, and clients. In addition, maintain effective relationships with vendors and consultants.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e‑mail, or verbally.