.NET Software Engineer (Full Time)
.NET Software Engineer
Our client is seeking 5-6 Software Engineers (Junior, Mid-Level, and Senior) to add to their team of Software Developers in Machesney Park, IL. The .Net Software Engineer’s primary function is to maintain and develop the client's award-winning suite of applications. Their unique medical software services has been the market leader for eight years running! Their software products are utilized in urgent care practices throughout all 50 states.
This position proactively improves application performance, consistently enhances the user interface experience, and ensures compliance with existing internal design, coding, and documentation standards through troubleshooting user issues and developing new features.
- WPF, C#, SQL - All must haves!
What you’ll be doing:
- During two week Agile Sprints, you’ll architect and design new features for web and client applications, and design, develop, support and maintain SQL queries and stored procedures. Some of your time will also be spent troubleshooting, debugging, and correcting issues to ensure a smooth client experience and providing second tier support for end users.
- In collaboration with developers, product owners, and support specialists, you’ll implement best practices and identify and sponsor ongoing improvements to client's suite of applications. You’ll also have opportunities to advise peers and leadership on challenges within and direction of software applications.
- Develop a mastery of table structure/relationships to be able to develop/maintain SQL queries and stored procedures.
The technologies you could be using:
- Scrum and other Agile Development Methodology
- Microsoft shop
- C#.net, VB.net, ASP.net
- Blend/WPF for UI
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
Every team member exhibits client's core values:
- Team Player
- Positive Energy
- Continuous Improvement
- Clients Win
Our client's work environment is very open and collaborative, with daily stand-up meetings to commit to the day’s work, frequent interaction with cross-functional team members, and regular communication with various leaders throughout the organization. They are informal and casual whenever possible – shorts and flip flops are OK most days. They work hard together, and have a lot of fun together too, with free-lunch for all on Wednesdays, TGIF happy hours, picnics, parties, and a variety of other formal and informal activities.
A strong candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field and at least a couple of years of development experience preferably with C# and/or ASP.Net in a SQL Server environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in developing web services
- Proven experience working with EDI, database development, and object-oriented design
An IDEAL candidate will also have:
- Experience with healthcare EDI
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- MCSD, MCAD, or MCPD Certification