.NET Systems Consultant / Developer
We are seeking an up-and-coming developer to join a well-established and exciting software company. We have been operating in the United States for 17 years and have a growing client base, including many household names and Fortune 500 companies. We specialize in developing administration systems for the pensions and benefits industry, with particular emphasis on technologies such as workflow, document management, self-service web portals, and service oriented architectures. We are a small company that is poised for significant growth as we continue to acquire more clients and broaden our sales base.
Our flagship product is IntelliPlan, a state-of-the-art, enterprise level, Internet browser-based pensions and benefits administration system, encompassing workflow, document management, payroll, accounting, reporting and all of the functionality a modern pensions department demands. As part of our expansion, we are seeking to recruit additional Pension Systems Consultant / Developers to work in our Client Services team. This is a technical role that would suit a candidate with good IT skills. Some pensions and/or other financial services knowledge is desired.
You will be responsible for all aspects of configuring our “IntelliPlan” administration system to meet our clients’ requirements, including the configuration of workflows, data maintenance screens, interfaces with other systems, data migrations, reports and benefit calculations. You will be expected to liaise with our clients both over the phone and on-site to gather requirements, produce specifications and configure the functionality requested.
Expectations of the right candidate include:
· Have a college degree or a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working in a pensions, financial services, or IT environment.
· Have experience in working in an Agile software development environment.
· Be good communicators, both internally and with clients.
· Respond to client emails or phone calls, and attend on-site client meetings.
· Be a good problem solver and able to research issues or bugs.
· Be an excellent team worker with good time management and work planning abilities.
· Be self-motivated and capable of independent working.
· Have a thorough approach to testing the work they or their co-workers produce.
· Be hard working and willing to, when required, go the extra mile to deliver on time.
· Microsoft SQL Server
· SQL (ideally T-SQL)
· Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
· Microsoft ASP/ASP.NET or VB.NET
· Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
· Any other programming languages would be a plus