3D Game Engineer
About our Engineering Team
We believe great software doesn't happen by accident. We believe in a culture of collaboration, improvement, change and discipline. To do that, we are thoughtful about the choices we make and how we make them. We are craftsmen. A craftsman may be pleased with their work, but they know their next work must be better still. They keep a chest full of the best tools they know, and a mind full of the best techniques--but is ever-eager to add to them. We lead by example, owning our decisions and outcomes with a commitment to team and company. And we also like to have fun!
Our rapidly growing team is looking to add an experienced Unity Developer with C# expertise. As a Game Engineer you will have the opportunity to work on projects for a wide range of large clients across multiple platforms. You will play an integral role on the Technology team working across teams, including project management, research, 3D artists, product management and UX/design team. You will have the opportunity to create and enhance our simulation platform and develop new tools and applications. Using cutting edge gaming technology, you will be developing a 3D simulation platform built upon a versatile game engine for the purpose of creating realistic and engaging virtual shopping experiences and shopper marketing software.
· Responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining core technology, including tools and engine components.
· Continuous development and improvement of our 3D simulation platform
· Identify pipeline bottlenecks and opportunities for automation.
· Extend the platform to add new game mechanics, fix existing bugs and create new experiences for client-specific projects
· Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure coherence of vision and world-class user experience.
· Be a champion for our customer – insisting on the highest standards and creative functional and well-designed tools that delight the end user.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Game Development/ Programming or equivalent degree
· 5+ years of Unity 3D game development experience C# expertise. VR / AR experience a plus
· Proven experience in shipping either game titles (pc, console, mobile) or 3D applications.
· Experience using other modern game engines including Unreal UDK, CryEngine
· Possess a working knowledge of Object Oriented programming principles and software architecture
· Experience developing on multiple platforms (web, mobile, etc.)
· Passion for game and simulation development and desire to mentor and share your knowledge with others