Location : Pleasant Prairie, WI
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a talented Application Architect to help support a .NET and Java development teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Recommend alternatives for application portfolio migration that best align with business needs plus optimize maintainability and performance.
- Lead evaluation of purchased software alternatives.
- Architect composition of custom-built solutions.
- Ensure subsequent technical designs are in compliance with the architecture.
- Work with other architects on enterprise-wide IT strategies and technologies.
- Design solutions for high availability and disaster recovery.
- Evaluate and recommend application development and support technologies.
- Provide guidance, direction and support to application development and technical designers.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10+ years of IT experience with 5+ years in a lead design or architectural capacity.
- Broad knowledge and experience with multiple technologies such as Java, Microsoft .NET, application servers, integration hubs, n-tier applications, database management systems and open source trends.
- Clear understanding of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with high-volume transactional systems.
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation.
- Adept at producing architectural diagrams and presentations for use in communications with various levels of management and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with little direction.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive in a multi-project environment while ensuring production systems are up and performing well.
- Distribution or manufacturing experience in a 24/7 environment a plus.