Application Developer (law firm)
Location : Chicago downtown
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+ years
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Our client is hiring an Application Developer.
- The Application Developer will take a hands-on role in the design and development of workflow applications, databases and other development artifacts within the organization.
- The Application Developer role is primarily responsible for the development and technical support of critical enterprise applications to insure accurate system operation, process improvement and integrity of data across core systems.
- This role will serve as the functional expert on the firm’s key enterprise applications in risk management and marketing that leverage IntApp technologies such as IntApp OPEN, Experience, FLOW and INTEGRATE.
- He/she will be the technical point of contact between the business unit and the Information Services (IS) department.
- The role will design technical documentation of system updates, improve workflow and make appropriate recommendations that will positively impact operational effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the strategic technical architecture, software methodologies and processes, technical project management, implementation planning and software maintenance for critical enterprise systems requiring application development and workflow expertise (IntApp OPEN, Experience, FLOW workflow and INTEGRATE).
- Act as SME for workflow-oriented business processes (new business intake, conflicts, etc.) and suggest related improvements.
- Effectively translate business needs, both stated and implied, into workable solutions at all stages of the project process, from envisioning to end product delivery.
- Ensure continuing operational quality by documenting bug fixes and enhancements.
- Working closely with the firm’s Technical Support team, provide escalated technical and application support to users of risk management and marketing applications.
- Analyzes discrepancies in system performance and makes recommendations for updates.
- Develop and maintain standards and best practices for application developers, including but not limited to build, source control, source code, and testing guidelines.
- Rationalize and simplify existing code base.
- Participate on project teams for implementing new systems and enhancing or upgrading existing systems.
- Identify and recommend production customizations and enhancements.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum five years of overall software development experience (legal industry preferred).
- Hands-on development experience with IntApp OPEN, INTEGRATE, FLOW.
- In-depth knowledge of risk management workflow solutions for new business intake and conflicts desired.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of workflow solutions such as K2, BizTalk, SSIS, etc. a plus.
- Ability to understand high level requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Produce high quality, modular, reusable code that incorporates current best practices.
- Advanced knowledge of structured query language (SQL).
- Experience developing complex reports using tools such as SSRS, Power BI, Cognos, etc.
- Familiar with development technologies such as C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, LINQ, etc.
- Development experience related to core financial software applications, such as: Elite, Chrome River, and DTE/Intapp Time desirable.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented design patterns and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), including technologies such as SOAP, WSDL, WCF and Web Services.
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills and ability to tailor communications for the intended audience.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to multi-task and maintain professional demeanor under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with industry best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, and trends related to architecture and application development.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems and/or Accounting, Finance, Business Administration.