Application Development Manager
The Application Development Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Development organization in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will lead a team of developers to deliver our next generation ecommerce platform and back-office toolset. We are looking for an experienced Application Development Manager who will not only directly manage a technical team, but also lead process and quality improvement efforts, participate in strategic planning, and manage resources across teams.This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the Application Development department. The Application Development Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices as it relates to Application Development and the life cycle.
· Responsible for overseeing application design, development, integration, and deployment in a distributed environment, managing standards, version and release control issues as needed, provide recommendations and guidelines as needed.
· Leadership in directing/recommending application platforms, developing project budgets and schedules as needed. Responsibilities include direction/delegation of estimating project activities, acquiring resources, and defining deliverables. Oversee development of detailed project plans, scheduled work assignments, and proactive progress monitoring. Manage adjustment of project schedules and resources as necessary to meet project objectives.
· Work closely with architects and senior technical leadership to provide overall application development and deployment vision. Ensure that best practices and strategic goals are incorporated into development work. Direct and/or provide solid documentation of the application/infrastructure environment.
· Manage a team of software developers of different levels. Evaluate performance and provide feedback.
· Technical Environment: Microsoft .NET (3.5+), .NET Webforms and MVC, Microsoft SQL Server (2008 R2), Microsoft Server (2008 R2, 2012), Team Foundation Server, Powershell, Jetbrains TeamCity (a plus), Telerik RAD tools (ASP, AJAX, Kendo) a plus, ViceVersa a plus, Integration with CRM Systems (Salesforce, Dynamics, etc.)
· 5-7+ years of application management/development and/or project management, including experience with development environments for design/analysis, release control, version control, performance considerations, affiliation with professional application development organizations.
· 1-3 years’ experience working with offshore resources.
· Previous hands-on experience in full stack web application development
· Hands-on experience with relational database platforms such as SQL Server
· Development of mobile applications a plus
· Able to design and implement well-crafted, scalable, and maintainable code
· Managing a software development life cycle is required including Agile and traditional waterfall.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; solid presentation skills
· Strong people and project management skills
· Strong problem-solving and motivational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel
· Experience managing Agile teams
· Excellent knowledge of Web platforms and technologies.
· Overall solid management experience with application development in a variety of platforms/environments
Good time management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines, assuming time and resource constraints.