Application Support Engineer
In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. Technical lead for assigned applications. This individual must efficiently manage multiple assignments with a sense of urgency, structure, and attention to detail. Candidate should possess advanced troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills. Will work as part of an agile scrum team.
- Responsible for promotions and releases
- Automation of deployments and implementation of CI (Continuous Integration) where appropriate.
- Write scripts to automate and simplify day-to-day operational tasks.
- Ensure availability of applications in dev, test and production environments.
· Technical lead for applications (On Premise and in the cloud).
- Promote scalable operational practices
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Contribute to ongoing improvements of application and infrastructure monitoring.
- Work as a member of an agile scrum team and contribute in the different phases of the Agile based SDLC.
· Write ad hoc SQL queries for data analysis and troubleshooting purposes. Develop update, delete, and insert SQL statements for resolving specific problems or for mass updates.
- Understand integrations between systems and troubleshoot issues if required
- Learn new applications and tools as required
- Perform installations and upgrades of applications
- Enforce security protocols
- Provide 3rd Level Support when required for Applications where required
· Establish and maintain cooperative and supportive relationships with customers.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies
- Other duties as assigned
• 5-7 years in large corporate environment required
• 2-4 years Real Estate preferred
• Understanding and experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies and life cycles
• Experience with automating build and deployment processes
• Experience in administering, configuring, installing, and updating applications on virtual machines, application servers, web servers, and Citrix.
• Ability to write PowerShell scripts
• Experience supporting applications on Microsoft Server (e.g. 2008R2 and 2012) preferred
• Database Experience with SQL (e.g. SQL Server 2008, 2014, etc.). Experience with writing/utilizing queries, update/delete statements, stored procedures, views, joins, and functions.
• SaaS administration and Support experience preferred
• Experience with supporting or administering any of the following applications preferable: Salesforce, JD Edwards, JIRA, Proliance, Alusta, Apttus (Contract Management), SharePoint, ServiceNow, UltiPro, HFM, Riskonnect, Concur, Dayforce, CCure, FM Interact, Jitterbit, ReportsNow)
• Experience utilizing DevOps/CI/CD tools preferable (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Auto Rabbit, Flossum, etc.)
• Experience with 3rd integration tools preferable (e.g. Jitterbit, CastIron, Boomi, Informatica; etc.)
• Experience with Automated Testing products such as Selenium preferred
• The following certifications would be a plus: TS, ITP, MCSE or other MS certification Citrix, VMWare, A+, Network+, ITIL, PMP