Automated Test Engineer
Automated Test Engineer
Imagine working for a nationally recognized software company in a state-of-the-art facility that rivals those in Silicon Valley. Imagine working for a progressive employer who actually believes in a work/life balance. Imagine being part of an energetic team and having fun with teammates while you work. Imagine a transparent management team that not only makes employees aware of the health of the company, but encourages them to think and act as owners. Imagine being part of a company where the culture is so bright and full of life that employees are encouraged to get out of their seats and dance!
We are currently looking for an Automated Test Engineer to conduct thorough product testing using automation tools and techniques in order to provide the highest quality software products. The Automated Test Engineer works with the scrum team to understand the business requirements and objectives related to the desired functionality of products and applications. This individual will evaluate and test new or modified software to determine that the software meets user requirements and established quality standards using automated testing techniques and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design, creation, and execution of automated test cases across all stages of product development.
- Analyze manual test cases and functional specifications to determine best approach for automating scripts.
- Develop test plans and test cases by analyzing user stories, participating in design reviews, and collaborating with the development team.
- Work closely with development, project management, and operations to ensure defects are resolved properly.
- Identify, investigate, and document opportunities to improve QA efficiencies.
- Train, mentor, and influence other staff on software automation.
- Provide estimates and status updates on automation scripts.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize test results and metrics and communicate to appropriate teams.
- Identify and communicate issues/risks applying technical and root cause analysis skills.
- Drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness.
- Write documents that will be used as training materials and evangelize quality best practices across engineering organization.
- Continuous improvement of test coverage – review bugs reported by customers or Support services, and incorporate learned lessons into tests.
- Expertise in the principles of software automation
- Programming experience with C# or other object orientated language
- Proven experience in creating automated tests via toolkits (i.e. Selenium, jMeter, etc.)
- Experience providing estimates on requirements and solution information
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and translate them into practical test plans
- API Testing experience
- Experience developing test automation frameworks
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures and recommend improvements
- Comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies and how to adapt them to the specific needs of our organization and products
- Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
- Ability to work on agile oriented teams, be self-motivated and hold quality to a high standard is a must
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s. degree in computer science or a related field; or equivalent work experience and/or education in lieu of a degree
- At least five years of software Quality Assurance experience
- At least three years of experience with test automation
- Agile / Scrum experience
- Working knowledge of SQL and database concepts
- Experience with source control such as Subversion or GIT
- Familiarity with test management tools, including test case management, defect tracking, and requirements traceability
Every team member exhibits our core values:
- Team players
- Positive energy
- Continuous improvement
- Clients win