Business Analyst / Project Manager
We are looking for detail-enthusiasts, technical thinkers and “leave no stone unturned” problem-solvers. People dedicated to affecting meaningful change in the energy sector. Team-players who can see the big picture, but respect that it might not be identical for everyone. Strategists who appreciate obstacles because they present opportunities. We want to build a team of innovative, authentic, self-directed professionals who can help us execute on our mission and contribute to a culture of transparency and trust.
No matter the department or role, we are looking for team members who understand how to balance meeting customer needs with creating processes, systems, teams and products that adapt scale. As we begin to execute on our near, middle and long term product plans, we need we need an experienced program manager who can wear many hats as a senior member of our core team. We will be adding significant engineering bandwidth over the next year, and we know how important it is to have a systems and management in place to support that reality.
Initially, you will report to the Engagement Manager at the client location.
- Perform business analysis and related project management duties as a part of a team on medium to large projects.
- Partnering with all relevant stakeholders, lead requirements gathering, analysis, and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, feasible, traceable, unambiguous, verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Elicit and document requirements using various applicable tools and methodologies, including requirements prioritization and management of changes through application of control processes and tools.
- Diagram and document processes using applicable tools such as Visio and other Microsoft applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, action steps, deliverables and deadlines required to develop or modify solutions.
- Implement ways to reuse requirements and solutions across projects.
- Assist applicable client business leader in developing tactical and strategic product, services, and/or programs to support the business unit’s goals (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, market share, etc.).
- Work closely with staff and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service, and/or program business processes.
Consult with staff to determine business, functional and technical requirements for specified applications.
- Coordinate the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications for specified applications.
- Review use cases and other technical documents with IT project staff to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
- Develop effective reporting tools for the business unit.
- Analyze the business unit’s activities and trends and compare analyses against the service standards and best practices. Presents findings and works with the business leader and other personnel to identify and implement strategies that will address tactical and strategic goals.
- Prepare routine reports (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, market share, etc.) in effective, user-friendly formats.
- Analyze trends and recommend adjustments that address and/or capitalize on trends.
- Coordinate, organize, and lead stakeholder meetings to initiate, manage and follow-through on identified project deliverables.
- Provide high-touch, active listening and customer service skills to build strong client relationships and be successful in understanding and translating their business challenges and needs.
- Effectively gather, interpret, translate, and organize high-level business and user needs/requirements into functional requirements specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
- Ensure requirements are in line with the client’s business vision and goals, and solution option(s) meets these requirements.
- Create and use reports and/or tools to effectively identify and implement opportunities for energy reduction and cost savings.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; minimum of 2 years of experience as a business analyst or similar role in a professional services company
- Must have prior experience in data analysis or a technical services analysis environment.
- Previous experience with effectively responding to and servicing client (internal/external) needs is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using business process modeling tools such as Visio.
Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced with ERP, CRM and CIMS systems.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint capability for presenting/sharing information.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to build effective professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Operate with a collaborative, cooperative and solution-oriented approach to getting work accomplished, resolving issues, reaching positive outcomes, and meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to effectively present compelling and complex ideas and solutions to a varied audience at different levels of technical understanding.
- Ability to translate potentially complex data into insights and conclusions for the client using spreadsheet and PowerPoint formats.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to prioritize well and effectively multi-task to meet demands on time, in scope and on budget as needed.
- Good organizational skills with a high attention to detail and follow-through.
- Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to effectively deal with ambiguity in a fast growing company with an evolving infrastructure.
- Ability to travel as needed for client or internal company needs.