Business Analyst / Project Manager
We are looking for detail-enthusiasts, technical thinkers and “leave no stone unturned” problem-solvers. People dedicated to affecting meaningful change in the energy sector. Team-players who can see the big picture, but respect that it might not be identical for everyone. Strategists who appreciate obstacles because they present opportunities. We want to build a team of innovative, authentic, self-directed professionals who can help us execute on our mission and contribute to a culture of transparency and trust.
No matter the department or role, we are looking for team members who understand how to balance meeting customer needs with creating processes, systems, teams and products that adapt scale.
- Perform project management and light business analyst duties as a part of a team on medium to large projects.
- Be the “point person” in defining and initiating projects at the direction of the business owner – manage cost, schedule, performance of component projects.
- Implement ways to reuse requirements and solutions across projects.
- Assist applicable client business leader in developing tactical and strategic product, services, and/or programs to support the business unit’s goals (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, market share, etc.).
- Work closely with staff and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service, and/or program business processes.
- Presents findings and works with the business leader and other personnel to identify and implement strategies that will address tactical and strategic goals.
- Prepare routine reports (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, market share, etc.) in effective, user-friendly formats such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project.
- Analyze trends and recommend adjustments that address and/or capitalize on trends.
- Coordinate, organize, and lead stakeholder meetings to initiate, manage and follow-through on identified project deliverables.
- Partnering with all relevant stakeholders to ensure project status is complete, accurate and reported timely.
- Provide high-touch, active listening and customer service skills to build strong client relationships and be successful in understanding and translating their business challenges and needs.
- Effectively gather, interpret, translate, and organize project related tasks – ensure all stakeholders are apprised of project status, including cost, schedule, performance, etc.
- Ensure project goals are in line with the client’s business vision and goals, and solution option(s) meets these requirements.
- Create and use reports and/or tools to effectively identify and implement opportunities for energy reduction and cost savings.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field; minimum of 2 years of experience as a business analyst or similar role in a professional services company
- Must have prior experience in data analysis or a technical services analysis environment.
- Previous experience with creating comprehensive project plans and analyzing technical requirements (prefer experience in Agile environment).
- Previous experience effectively responding to and servicing client (internal/external) needs is required.
- Effective project management skills with the ability to prioritize well and effectively multi-task to meet demands on time, in scope and on budget as needed.
- Good organizational skills with a high attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using business tools such as MS Project, Visio, etc.
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to build effective professional relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Operate with a collaborative, cooperative and solution-oriented approach to getting work accomplished, resolving issues, reaching positive outcomes, and meeting the needs of all stakeholders.
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to effectively present compelling and complex ideas and solutions to a varied audience at different levels of technical understanding.
- Ability to translate potentially complex data into insights and conclusions for the client using spreadsheet and PowerPoint formats.
- Must be flexible and adaptable with the ability to effectively deal with ambiguity in a fast growing company with an evolving infrastructure.
- Ability to travel as needed for client or internal company needs.