Cloud Application Developer
Location : Cary, NC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Seeking a self-motivated Cloud Application Developer with a demonstrated ability to design and develop software graphical and data communication solutions to integrate the company's intelligent commercial and industrial products to our customer applications, internal computing systems, and cloud servers. This individual will be responsible for implementing secure data communication and authentication, processing data from smart industrial devices and presenting the information using various cloud applications and data sources. The software applications developed will perform secure, efficient data processing and clear presentation of results for customer and internal consumption to optimize product operation, performance and status.
This role will have significant impact in differentiating the company from the competition and optimizing customer operating environments, by utilizing smart products and industry leading technology.
Required Qualifications :
- Develop algorithms and software solutions for the integration and value enablement of internet connected industrial and commercial devices within a cloud platform, including secure data connectivity, data transfer and visualization on mobile and web platforms.
- Translate high-level design requirements into well structured, optimized code in accordance with internal and customer requirements.
- Support the full software development lifecycle.
- Work with internal stakeholders and multidiscipline teams, as well as external development resources, to conceptualize, build, test and release connected solutions.
- Keep abreast of industry concepts, products, network security and design strategies associated with IoT enabled products in order to evaluate and deploy the optimal solutions.
Participate in stakeholder workshops to develop solutions for connected industrial devices that generate attainable customer value.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering degree with proven commercial application software development and network data communication experience.
- 5+ years of front-end web development experience and back-end data communication and processing.
- Experience in Node.js, Node-RED, JSON, IBM Watson IoT Platform, IBM API Connect (loopback), Cloudant DB and supporting hosted applications.
- Experience integrating to external applications using common SOA methodologies such as web services and restful APIs.
- Ability to own a complete toolchain / functional area - from development approach to complete support / going alongside the fast pace of new technological development.
- Strong cloud UX focus and a track record of developing, delivering and supporting commercial and / or business products.
- Experience with secure data and messaging communication, authentication and validation over multiple internet protocols.
- Familiar with mobile application technologies, iOS and Android application development.
- Experience with eliciting requirements from a cross-functional team of stakeholders and documenting them with standardized methodologies.
- 1 year plus of experience with agile development methodologies and storyboarding user experiences.
Capabilities and Success Factors
- An ability to operate in a fast paced, product development environment.
- Demonstrated bias towards innovation and new technologies and solutions.
- Customer focus with strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organization and delivery skills.
- Strong oral and written communication.
Flexibility and situational adaptability; a love for learning new technology or concepts.
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account