Experienced Cognos Developer
Business Analytics Specialist with 3+ years of experience specializing in Data Warehouse Architecture, ETL Development with MS SQL, and Data Modeling & Reports Generation with IBM-Cognos.
Reports development lead and IBM Cognos Application manager.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Design, development and maintenance of the company’s reporting system including creation of optimal interactive dashboards with IBM-Cognos, ad-hoc query and analysis, and standard company mail-merge reporting.
- Understand and effectively handle the dynamics around a data warehouse and ETL automation project including: analysis, design, development/modification/enhancement, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, performance improvement and administration functions.
- Convert existing company reports from our client-based application to our web-based application.
- Train & support clients on the company reporting suite including IBM-Cognos and our standard report library.
- Help convert all standard company reports to MS SQL Server.
Required Experience & Skills
- Minimum BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years experience with IBM Cognos BI Suite (Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager, Transformer) with both modelling & dashboard creation.
- 3+ years hands-on experience with MS SQL Server - MS SQL certification is a plus but not required.
- Experience with other data visualization tools and reporting tools such as SPSS, D3, Tableau...etc.
- ETL Development with SSIS (MS-SQL server integration services)
- Data Warehouse Architecture.
- Experience with Framework Manager Dimensional Modeling, Transformer cubes, Design and Development.
- Implementing stored procedures and effectively writing advanced queries.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and manage projects.
- Great interpersonal skills for both in-house and client communication.
- Comfortable training clients with reporting tools including IBM-Cognos.
About our client
Our client has been a leader in the cardiac data registry business for over 25 years. With the recent development of new bleeding edge technologies, including an advanced analytics platform, and partnerships with some of the leading healthcare institutions in the nation (Mayo Clinic, The University of Chicago, Advocate Health Care), our client is poised to compete with the biggest players in the healthcare industry to deliver revolutionary technology in the cardiac space.
Our Client's Culture
The team is a committed to delivering unparalleled innovation and the highest level of client support in our industry. Healthcare technology is an incredibly dynamic field, and we welcome employees who are excited to work with some of the nation’s leading medical minds to pioneer new software. With a close-knit group of clinical, technical and sales team members, we strive to work in a way that is both fun and efficient. Whether via the semi-regular corporate lunches, or an afternoon stroll with the office pooch, the company culture is based on revolutionizing our industry while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Comprehensive Dental and Health Insurance - BCBSIL PPO
- Flexible Hours
- Generous Bonus Plan
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Plan
- Corporate Lunches/Dinners
- Corporate Outings
- Growth Opportunities - work for a dynamic company in a rapidly growing market
- Work with national leaders in healthcare (Mayo Clinic, The University of Chicago, Advocate Health Care, etc…)
- Promotion of Healthy Work-Life Balance
- Public Transit Accessible (Blue Line & Metra)
- Ample Street Parking
- Strong Nerd Culture - love of comics, sci-fi, fantasy, role-playing games, board games, sports...etc.
- Resident Sommelier - not joking about this
- House-brewed beer
- Dog Mascot “Lola”
- Relaxed dress-code