Data Analyst / Developer Consultant
We are looking for detail-enthusiasts, technical thinkers and “leave no stone unturned” problem-solvers. People dedicated to affecting meaningful change in the energy sector. Team-players who can see the big picture, but respect that it might not be identical for everyone. Strategists who appreciate obstacles because they present opportunities. We want to build a team of innovative, authentic, self-directed professionals who can help us execute on our mission and contribute to a culture of transparency and trust.
No matter the department or role, we are looking for team members who understand how to balance meeting customer needs with creating processes, systems, teams and products that adapt scale. As we begin to execute on our near, middle and long term product plans, we need we need an experienced program manager who can wear many hats as a senior member of our core team. We will be adding significant engineering bandwidth over the next year, and we know how important it is to have a systems and management in place to support that reality.
- Identify key processes and how they will integrate with technology; develop use cases, functional and technical requirements.
- Develop technical solutions using a variety of data technologies (as listed below), including BI platforms and databases.
- Perform monitoring and control system software installation, integration, programming, and commissioning of newly installed and upgraded systems.
- Design, implement, and commission serial and networked communication systems in support of client monitoring and control systems.
- Apply data cleansing and data quality tools to achieve data reliability and integrity to expected levels.
- Reverse engineer physical data models from databases and SQL scripts as needed.
- Analyze data models and physical databases for any variances and discrepancies.
- Assist in specifying and pricing projects.
- Prepare technical system reports, including system diagrams, in immediately useful and use-friendly formats. Provide technical sales and marketing assistance as required.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with existing client(s) to provide technical assistance, present and explain reports, seek repeat customer business, and maintain good client relations.
- Assist in client training on installed and existing monitoring and control systems.
- Construct thorough, accurate and understandable system documentation including installation and operational diagrams and reports.
- Architect, design, code, test, and iterate on existing applications.
- Work with cross functional team members to understand and deliver functionality our customers require.
- Be able to think innovatively and approach problems with an open mind - we are in an industry that needs new approaches to old problems.
- Be able to work independently at times to deliver an efficient and effective iterations on designed user stories.
- Work independently or within an agile environment with 2 week sprint cycles.
- Work with existing code and take ownership of existing modules.
- Create unit tests, conduct system testing and fix bugs.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Apply effective, active listening and customer service skills to understanding the client’s needs/requirements and providing data related consulting to clients on a billable basis.
- Technical and data support management for demand side management systems to support various demand response (“DR”) and energy efficiency (“EE”) initiatives and programs.
- Creation and Delivery of Data Analytics and System Support Reports in immediately useful, user-friendly formats.
- Management and Enhancement of Integrated Network Systems Including Paging and AMI Networks.
- >5+ years' experience in program management, technical product management or other technical management role(s) working with an enterprise software product
- Experience working with external or contract engineering resources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills with a desire to work in a small, highly cross-functional environment (start-up experience a plus)
- Knowledge of project management methodology(ies)
- Experience with software product development cycles (concept to production)
- Strong business acumen and the desire to learn a highly complicated, regulated, and fragmented industry
- Grace and poise under pressure, including external communications and presentations
- Not only patience for ambiguity and change, but a desire to be a part of growth
- Genuine investment in developing solutions that help solve environmental challenges
- Ability to travel as required.