DevOps Azure Engineer
Location : Chicago
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 6+
Required Education : Degree(s) in computer science, engineering or relevant field preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We help businesses take the complexity out of hazmat transportation to make the world a safer place. We develop really cool software that all kinds of businesses need to keep their stuff moving across the globe. We’ve been around for 50 years and our software is in nearly all Fortune 100 manufacturing, healthcare, automotive, transportation and other businesses that need to move hazmat (or Dangerous Goods).
But we aren’t Fortune 500 – we aren’t even close. We develop software for an industry that not too many people know about…but it is really cool, particularly in the software development space where we continue to re-invent ourselves and lead our industry.
We are looking for a few special people who:
- Do not want to work in Corporate America
- Want to make an immediate difference in making the world a safer place
- Have a life outside of work
Some Cool Parts Of Your Job
- Build and maintain infrastructure that is secure, reliable, scalable, and automated.
- Work closely with Development counterparts on requirements, issue identification and resolution, problem solving and planning related to production issues and software releases.
- Will be the resident Cloud security expert.
- Ensure security protocols are rigorously enforced.
- Own and manage cloud-based production environments spread across multiple regions
- Responsible for the administration of all production and staging systems.
- Manage and execute production deployment process.
- Co-responsible for site uptime and share on-call duty with peers.
- Drive proactive efforts to prevent site incidents from occurring.
- Troubleshooting and fixing production issues.
- Own the development and maintenance of monitoring solutions.
- Report on and optimize cloud infrastructure costs.
- Enhance the uptime of products and services.
Required Qualifications :
Experience And Attributes We’d Like You To Have
- 5 + years Dev OPS experience
- 3+ years extensive experience with Azure
- Ability to apply creative problem solving techniques to situations using sound business judgment.
- Experience in executing Agile and Continuous Delivery best practices.
- Degree(s) in computer science, engineering or relevant field preferred
- Passion and enthusiasm for resolving challenging or complex problems.
- Experience with configuration management software
- Experience with both SQL and Mongo.S
- hould be very familiar with web development.