Director of Enterprise Architecture
The Enterprise Architect will design and deliver architectural initiatives that drive revenue and/or improve efficiency in line with business strategy. He/She will maintain an in-depth view of the organization’s technologies and architectures and will mentor and lead domain architects through program deliverables. Additionally, this role will be accountable for an aspirational roadmap for the enterprise with a focus on industry specific trends and emerging technologies, strategic differentiators, and total cost of ownership.
· Accountable for the Enterprise Architecture for all applications throughout the organization.
· Lead Integration and Data Architects as direct reports & influence and guide domain architects within their respective technologies as dotted line reports, to ensure holistic solutions across the enterprise. Domain architects include but are not limited to BI Solution Architect, JDE Architect, Salesforce Architect.
· Develop and maintain current and planned state architectural blueprints that are used to communicate decisions, goals and strategies.
· Build relationships with business stakeholders to gain in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans and organizational commitment for enterprise level architecture as they apply to strategic initiatives.
· Provide strategic consultation to the Program Teams, identify ways to apply new or existing technologies for support of business initiatives.
· Apply critical thinking to short term and long term needs; consult with technical subject matter experts and develop alternative technical solutions; Identify options, risks, costs vs. benefits, and impact analysis in support of the Program goals.
· Own the governance for architectural standards and apply influence across the software development teams to ensure alignment and application of best practices.
· Lead a team of Integration and Data Architects that provide enterprise wide solutions for the transfer and management of enterprise data.
· Develop architectural based metrics and reports for the executive team, business and IT management that showcase successes and opportunities for improvement.
· Working with the technical resources, evaluate existing and emerging technologies for applicability to business solutions, present business cases for evaluation, and implement prototypes or POCs to validate expected value.
· Partner with program leads, project managers, and business analysts in the design, planning and governance of implementation projects and support of the program products over the long term.
· Learn and master new application technologies to meet the needs of assignments.
· Develop, establish and maintain effective working relationships with IS and Business customers.
· Maintain and improve skills by attending workshops, reviewing publications, participate in professional societies, and independently search out tools and exercises for professional growth.
· Consistently demonstrate and promote company core values at all times.
- Must be inherently empathetic to business needs and have ability to influence and negotiate through to solutions that support Enterprise Architecture best practices with consideration to swiftly changing business needs.
- Ability to understand business model and associated impacts and benefits of applying technologies
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills amongst key stakeholders. Skilled in preparing and delivering presentations for end user and executive level audiences.
- Self-confident with the demonstrated ability to drive change and challenge the status quo
- Strong knowledge of relative systems and 5+ years of strategic planning and solution architecture on them
- Broad and deep understanding of data models and operations impact with regard to business solutions
- Facilitation, conflict management, negotiation, and consensus building skills
- Experience evaluating vendor solutions and supplying feedback and recommendations
- High energy, creative, self-motivated and independent
- 3+ years experience as an Enterprise Architect leader
- 7+ Years experience in more than one of the following: Application Architecture, Data Architecture, Integration Architecture, Application Design & Development
- Problem solving and analytical thinking
- Ability to work/execute on multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Deep understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with Java, strong OO programming background and mastery of design patterns