Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
Location : Cary, NC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Seeking a self-motivated, creative Electronics Hardware Design Engineer to join a team of dedicated and talented engineers at the Innovation Center responsible for the development of advanced commercial water control products. This individual will be responsible for researching and developing electronics hardware designs incorporating embedded microcontrollers, physical sensors, motors, solenoids, and data communication for a variety for smart, robust and reliable commercial and industrial products. This role will have significant impact in differentiating the company from the competition by optimizing the customer environments through intelligent products and industry leading technology.
Required Qualifications :
- As an integral member of the electronics hardware team you will take ownership of the electronics design working closely with cross-functional disciplines on new product development from concept to manufacturing to product launch and support.
Research, develop, verify and release to production compact, power-conscious electronic systems incorporating microcontrollers, sensors and actuators for commercial and industrial water management products that meet internal, customer and regulatory requirements.
Translate high-level project and system requirements into well-defined hardware architectures by developing design concepts, performing component selection and schematic capture, directing PCB layout, bring up and verify prototypes, and support the product through manufacturing.
- Create and maintain clear project documentation, including design requirements, functional specifications, BOMs, schematics, and test plans and reports.
- Conduct preliminary and detailed hardware reviews to ensure adherence to design requirements and performance expectations.
- Keep abreast of industry concepts, products, and trends associated with water control and management products in order to evaluate and deploy the optimal solutions.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years proven experience designing, verifying and producing power-managed electronic systems for commercial and / or consumer products that meet internal, customer and regulatory requirements.
Demonstrated ability to investigate, design, develop, verify and release to production compact electronics usingembedded microcontrollers, environmental and physical sensors, DC motors and solenoids, switching power supplies, and serial communication and control ports, such as I2C, UART, SPI.
- Experience with schematic capture tools, circuit modeling or simulation, algorithm development, and guiding PCB layout for embedded, low-power circuits.
- Excellent testing and troubleshooting skills using standard electronic system test equipment: power supplies, scopes, meters, analyzers.
- Experience designing products for deployment in potentially harsh commercial environments and meeting regulatory certification (UL, FCC, CE, IC).
- Able to generate clear, concise documentation for system requirements, design specifications and reviews, as well as verification and manufacturing test plans.
Able to work independently, as well as with software, mechanical, verification, manufacturing and quality teams, to analyze design tradeoffs and optimize product definition, performance and manufacturability while meeting product and business requirements.
- Experience with DFM and DFT to ensure high manufacturing throughput and yield, and working with production teams to develop test strategies, processes, stations, fixtures and interfaces.
- Conduct preliminary and detailed hardware design reviews involving all design disciplines to ensure adherence to requirements. Document and address all issues in a timely manner.
- Hands-on experience writing embedded test firmware for design verification is a plus.
Capabilities and Success Factors
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, quick to deliver and a team player with desire to succeed.
- Competitive Salary
- Matching 401(k) contribution
Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Educational Reimbursement
- Matching Gift Program