Embedded Firmware Engineer
Must Have for position
- Embedded Linux
- 4 Years C Language experience
- Driver (chip) level software development (SPI, I2C, etc...)
- Familiarity with hardware tools such as oscilloscopes and Logic analyzers for software debug
- Basic ability to read schematics
- Real Time software concepts / experience
- New Product Development
- Linux Driver Development
- Linux Kernel Object Development
- BSP experience (Board Support Package)
- Networking Protocols
- RF Experience
- WiFi Development
- IDE debug experience
- RTOS experience
Who We Are
Company is a next-generation communications technology company founded in 2005. We design and manufacture disruptive technology platforms for emerging markets that drive profitable business models and enable ubiquitous connectivity. Our technology platforms focus on unparalleled user experience combined with industry leading performance at disruptive cost points.
We are looking for a talented and self-driven firmware engineer to join our growing team. As part of our team you would help us build and test Company’s latest designs and help us deliver the robust and powerful products our customers expect.
Candidate will work as part of the product team of firmware, digital hardware and RF hardware engineers to develop cutting edge wireless broadband products and technologies. The candidate must possess knowledge of programming digital and RF ICs, embedded Linux processes, and an understanding of digital Wireless communications.
Must Have Requirements
- 3+ years embedded firmware development experience with C / C++, Linux / Unix platform
- Experience with firmware device drivers for digital and RF ICs such as RF synthesizers and RF transceiver ICs
- Ability to read schematics and operate test equipment such as Logic Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, etc.
- Previous experience working with wireless broadband radio design and development
- Ability to adapt and quickly pick up new technologies
- Ability to work productively and autonomously, whether on a small team or solo, including the ability to give and receive constructive criticism to team members
- Experience working with state machines and management of embedded devices.
- Experience with all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Git, Subversion or similar
- BS degree in Computer Science, or related engineering degree
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Experience that is a Major Plus
- Experience with ARM processors, embedded Linux
- Experience working with Cross Compilers
- Experience with OpenWRT
- Experience working with communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc.
- Experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting and Python