ETL Programmer Analyst - CTH
Location : Menomonee Falls, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Candidate is expected to work independently, and possess solid project management and prioritization skills.
- Has understanding of Data Warehousing concepts.
- Has demonstrated ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes.
- Familiarity with and ability to work with the Data modeling team.
- Understanding of data architecture. Knowledge of data standards.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse design and technology options.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects in a matrixed personnel environment.
- Work within formal Change Management methodologies.
- Work well with a variety of teams and organizations to provide responsive and quality support.
- Accept challenges and change. Accept new initiatives and ideas and implement them.
- Responsible for coding, testing, debugging and implementing Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) mappings and workflows.
- Will create, document and implement test plans and scripts.
- Will optimize performance of (ETL) mappings, processes and load routines.
- Assist in operationalizing the ETL production environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- Proficient in ETL for data architectures, operational data stores, and data marts defined by the Data Modeler.
- Focuses on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design.
- Understands and articulates logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy. Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
- Maintain conceptual, logical and physical data models along with corresponding metadata.
- Reviews business requirements and ensures the ETL design meets the goals.
- Participates in implementing data policy.
- Understand and translate business needs and data models into supporting long-term ETL solutions.
- Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices to ensure consistency in ETL.
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts.
- Provides thought leadership in enterprise-wide data quality, business data stewardship, and data modeling project assignments.
- Ensures data quality in the data warehouse by enforcing data integrity rules.
- Acts as a technical consultant and adviser to IT Directors and leadership.
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
- Tracks industry trends and maintains knowledge of new technologies to better serve the organization’s information needs.
- Assists in developing long-term strategy for Data Management Services integration with other parts of Information Management and Data Management Services meeting internal customer requirements.