Field Application Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity where you can share your passion for Engineering while being on the cutting edge of technology?
Looking for an entrepreneurial/self-motivated (takes ownership and drives initiatives to completion) and detail-oriented Automation Applications Engineer with a solid experience integrating Components into Systems - both into PLCs and into cloud based data stores.
This position is responsible for performing specific engineering design and analytical tasks for proper selection and application of integration solutions for a variety of mechanical products like Industrial Gearboxes, Chains, Couplings, etc. The ideal candidate for this position likes to work as part of an outstanding team delivering new Internet of Things solutions to the Industrial customer space. The candidate can work autonomously and can handle several projects at once.
• Deploy company’s Digital Solutions to various customers
• Review customer specifications and determine ability to meet the requirements
• Provide customers with technical support and product training at their plant locations in initial phases of on-boarding activity for new products
• Integrate customer equipment into cloud based systems via equipment
• Troubleshooting connectivity based systems
• Share technical solutions with other product management, engineering, operations and commercial sales teams
• Learn new concepts that the company brings to market and deliver them to customers
• Bring VOC to the company product management so new solutions can be created
• Mentor new applications engineers and work collaboratively to form effective teams
• Participate in market research, promotion, advertising activities, trade shows, employee training, and product modification or development.
• Make continuous improvements to automate and simplify the inquiry and selection process, to improve the customer’s experience, minimize response time, and improve our quality and capability.
• Work with outside vendors to select appropriate accessories when required.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Electronics, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited university preferred)
• 3-5 years of experience with programming PLCs and integrating components into a PLC network
• 3-5 years of experience with network protocols like Ethernet/IP, Profinet, and Modbus/TCP
• Working knowledge of instrumenting equipment with sensors for data monitoring to HMI and cloud-based systems
• Working knowledge of network devices like routers, switches, etc. that are used in a networking environment, within a factory facility preferred
• Working knowledge of wireless devices and how to integrate them into an industrial network preferred
• Strong communication skills to interact verbally and in writing with a variety of internal and external customers
• Strong problem solving skills, hands-on individual
• Ability to read and interpret design prints as well as customer specifications
• Computer proficiency in MS Office, as well as CAD or design software experience preferred
• Flexibility with work hours to maintain a minimal backlog. Up to 25% domestic and international travel may be required
• Preferred candidates will have previous engineering experience working in heavy equipment industries
Capabilities and Success Factors:
• Demonstrated bias towards bringing new technologies and solutions to an existing product portfolio
• Communicates thoughts, ideas, information and messages in a logical, organized and coherent manner; ideas are well developed with supporting information and examples
• Provides impact analysis and alternatives so management can understand the implications and decide on alternatives (e.g. risk, change, scope and approach)
• Considers several explanations and multiple solutions then forming logical conclusions
• Considers long term as well as immediate short-term outcomes and actions
• Recognizes the impact of cost and quality on competitiveness, customer satisfaction and profitability
• Focuses on continuous improvement of processes