Front End Engineer
We are looking for detail-enthusiasts, technical thinkers and “leave no stone unturned” problem-solvers. People dedicated to affecting meaningful change in the energy sector. Team-players who can see the big picture, but respect that it might not be identical for everyone. Strategists who appreciate obstacles because they present opportunities. We want to build a team of innovative, authentic, self-directed professionals who can help us execute on our mission and contribute to a culture of transparency and trust. No matter the department or role, we are looking for team members who understand how to balance meeting customer needs with creating processes, systems, teams and products that adapt scale.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work as part of a team to develop prototype web integrations and UIs with microprocessor hardware and connected devices.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently as a solo developer
- Develop high level architecture and process flow for all goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or another relevant field is highly desirable
- Strong C# programming language skills
- Experience developing user-facing web applications using .NET frameworks (MVC, Web Forms, Web API, Web Services)
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Knowledge of simulation and analysis tools including editors, compilers, linkers, debuggers, code analyzers, version control systems (GIT/SVN), software testing tools, etc.
- Experience translating application storyboards, requirements docs and use cases into functional applications
- Experiencing working within a Test-Driven Development (TDD) environment and familiar with agile software development paradigms
- Experience working with Web Services (SOAP, REST)
Adherence to our core values:
- Catalyst for Change and Transformation: you want to tackle a big problem and have an impact on the world.
- Authenticity and Integrity: you value honesty, openness, and transparency.
- Creative and Innovative: you love thinking outside the box to solve complicated problems.
- Self-directed and Collaborative: you take initiative, get things done, and know how to communicate.
Bonus points for:
- Industrial IoT experience
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, Python preferred
- Capable of a big picture, system oriented approach