Full Stack Software Engineer
Our client is an insurance technology company bringing the future to claims processing. They build products to drive efficiencies using data and technology to ensure that claims handling through their platform is the easiest, fastest and most accurate in the business. Their Virtual Insurance Claim Experience (VICE) CRM allows adjusters and estimators to process claims to the best of their abilities. When the insured is at their worst, our client makes sure the insurance company is at their best.
Looking for world-class software engineers to join their engineering team. They are looking for builders and doers. If you have a passion for software, put your heart into your work and love getting things done, this is for you. As a staff software engineer, you will take ownership of some of the key features in their product. You will lead and mentor a pod of 3-4 engineers and be responsible for delivering success. Through the database, middle-tier application, all the way to the front-end, you will need to bring a special blend of skills in architecture, implementation, and communication.
What you'll do
- Write a ton of code
- Lead and mentor a pod of 3-4 Engineers on a day to day basis
- Design features for performance, scale, and security
- Develop in fast-paced, quality-driven environment
- Collaborate with product management, QA and technology operations to deliver great product
- Play an influential role in growing company to the industry leader in technology.
What they are looking for
- BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 3+ years of software development experience
- A generalist, versatile full stack developer with deep back-end and front-end knowledge.
- Deep understanding of commonly used data structures and algorithms
- Comfortable in a modern software engineering environment using the latest technologies and tools
- Fearless about learning new technologies and technical approaches to application development
Additional Skills (bonus points)
- Web Framework experience (Rails, Flask, etc)
- Experience with caching (memcached, redis, etc)
- Experience with RESTful back end APIs
- Personal Projects or Open Source work
What they offer
- Macbook Pros with dual displays
- Stock Options
- Flexible vacation policy
- Friday Happy Hours
- Additional perks
You must work on-site in their downtown Chicago location