Help Desk Manager
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Scope of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all activities of the Help Desk such as scheduling shifts and assignment of tickets to appropriate support staff.
- Manage, upgrade and customize Track-It Help desk software to meet all reporting criteria established by the Firm Administration. Provide regular reporting to the Director of Information Technology about Help Desk performance using standard matrices.
- Provide upper-level technical support for the Help Desk staff.
- Work with the Director of IT on creating and enforcing the Firm IT related policies.
- Work with the Director of IT to create support procedures to meet Firm’s needs. Research and deploy appropriate outsourcing support options and integrating them with in-house support.
- Create descriptions of best practices for the use of the Firm’s equipment and software, and communicate them to users.
- Manage the testing and installation of software for desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager and Director of IT on selection of desktop and laptop hardware. Work with the Help Desk staff and Remote Access/Mobility Specialist on selection of new PDA devices and wireless cards.
- Work with Director of IT and Help Desk staff to identify best procedures for the after-hours support of Firm users.
- Work with Application Development Manager to recommend specific training for users and IT support staff.
- Work with trainers to create instructions for software users.
- Work with Application Development Manager on customization and integration of Firm desktop software images and to achieve better efficiency within the Firm.
- Work with the Infrastructure Manager to integrate software applications into the Firm’s network.
- Perform annual evaluation of Help Desk staff and identify necessary changes in staffing for Information Technology support.
- Work with the Director of IT on development of long-term Information Technology planning and solutions.
- Work on special projects as assigned by Director of IT.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years experience of providing Information Services technical support in a large professional organization, preferably law firm.
- Excellent people skills including the ability to interact with professionals on different levels.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to express ideas clearly in both oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of current Information Technology trends and developments, as well as knowledge of networking technologies and different Microsoft systems.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to lead and manage teams of Information Services professionals.