Job Type :
Required Years of Experience :
Required Education :
Bachelor's Degree Required
Job Description :
Our client is looking for a HR Generalist to join its HR Team! HR at our client partners with the Leadership Team to create a work environment where employees choose to be excited, motivated and productive. This role will provide support to both managers and employees in all areas of HR. The right person for this role will need to have a solid background in HR, comfortable with change, exhibit great interpersonal skills, exercise good judgement, be a team player and be willing to roll up their sleeves to get the work done! HR at our client is all about teamwork and making sure we do our best to support our employees!
- Work closely with the HR Recruiting Team to facilitate the hiring process and participate in the hiring process as needed. This includes, however is not limited to conducting phone screens, scheduling interviews, meeting with candidates to go over Company group health and benefits programs and providing external recruiters with advice and consultation on the hiring process.
- Guide and implement the continued development and coordination of the Company’s new hire onboarding and orientation programs and trainings.
- Conduct new hire orientation and assist new employees with new hire paperwork.
- Ensure payroll has all relevant and appropriate documentation to process regularly scheduled payrolls on time and without disruption.
- Work closely with benefit consultants and third party administrators to administer and facilitate the Company’s group health and benefits programs.
- Assist employees with benefit questions and issues regarding eligibility, new enrollment and claims issues.
- Work closely with HR Director and HR Team to implement new HRIS and candidate management software application systems.
- Record and maintain employee information and changes to HRIS such as personal data, benefits, compensation and tax data, attendance, performance reviews or evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, unemployment compensation and any other employment-related requirements.
- Process all FMLA and workers compensation leaves, issues and claims.
- Assist with annual compensation planning and review activities.
- Assist HR Director in the investigation of employee issues raised by managers and/or employee complaints and/or issues and prepare necessary documentation. Facilitate actions to resolve the complaints and/or issues.
- Facilitate and provide guidance to the management team and employees on the Company’s Annual Performance Management and Merit Review process.
- Implement, disseminate, monitor and provide advice/consultation to management and employees on Company policies, programs and procedures in the areas of administration, benefits, compensation, compliance, hiring and training.
- Prepare reports regarding compliance, employee relations, staffing and terminations, etc.
- Maintain accident and safety files in accordance with corporate and federal regulations.
- Participate in training development, recommendations, and scheduling.
- Assist with report development by gathering, analyzing, and presenting statistical data.
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies and safety rules as outlined by the Company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Properly escalate issues to HR Director.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and commitment to achieving goals.
- Conduct yourself as a leader within the Company.
Required Qualifications :
Four-year college degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an individual contributor within Human Resources.
Demonstrated understanding of all disciplines within Human Resources.
Strong knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws, regulations, and practices.
Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
High quality written and verbal skills.
Strong level of influence and negotiation skills.
Able to work unassisted on a broad variety of projects.
Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situation.
Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work.
Ability to research, evaluate, analyze, and recommend appropriate course of action in a variety of areas.
Strong project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
Proficient with personal computers and company HR software.