IoT Solutions Architect
The IoT Solutions Architect is responsible for understanding both current and future business needs and goals; directing work of a team of 8-10 Hardware, Firmware and Software engineers working on embedded low power smart and connected products, as well as establishing and communicating the vision for our overall IIoT initiatives and the overall capabilities of IoT Platform.
· Lead and manage engineering initiatives based on strategy deployment improvement priorities.
· Provides technical oversight and coordination of project engineering work; create schedules and budgets; monitor and adjust to insure progress against project schedules and budgets; allocate resources as required to accomplish goals.
· Provides electronic hardware and firmware engineering design recommendations and technical support on design reviews, strategic plans, and projects while establishing and maintaining engineering design standards for hardware, firmware and software. and supervisory control systems used in process control
· Creates production, quality validation, and evaluation requirements and tests and troubleshoots production dilemmas.
· Establishes technical standards in reviews, documentations, and designs
· Provides guidance and professional development to team of engineers
· IoT and enterprise messaging patterns and implementations
· Cloud application implementation, design and architecture
· Delivery of multi-layer systems that span embedded devices through to mobile and web apps
· Deep understanding of cloud security concepts to enable working closely with security architects
· Ability to implement modern identity management systems using protocols
· API Design
· Developer documentation
· Understanding of semantic modeling and real world application of ontologies to application development and data analysis
· Understanding of streaming and batch data analytics tools
· Understanding of data governance tools and workflows
· Ability to gain consensus across diverse groups of stakeholders. Work closely with internal and external customers to provide input and guidance on technical issue and negotiate and finalize engineering requirements
· Experience in the design and implementation of responsive web and mobile applications
· Develop strong personal relationships with internal customers, and play a key role in providing VOC that will influence engineering IoT strategy and priorities.
· Support marketing in product research & analysis and identification of technology roadmap
· Implement and drive continuous improvement to key product development processes.
· Requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Advanced degree a plus.
· Minimum of 10 years of experience developing electronic products from concept to commercialization.
· Minimum of 3 years experience leading, mentoring, and managing technical professionals. Demonstrated experience architecting electronic systems involving hardware, firmware, and software.
· Demonstrated experience leading, mentoring, and managing technical professionals.
· Demonstrated experience managing onsite and remote technical project teams.
· Exceptional track record of dealing with and influencing internal and external customers
Capabilities and Success Factors
· Customer driven sense of urgency
· Strong analytical and decision making skills
· Flexibility to think strategically and tactically
· Ability to lead, train, and drive change
· Ability to communicate ideas through strong written, oral, and presentation skills.