iSeries (AS400) Systems Administrator
Location : Pleasant Prairie, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Perform IBM iSeries Administration - system installs, PTF deployment, software installation, configuration, custom development, and security.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes. Reviewing of system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Performs problem isolation, definition, resolution and follow-up for system, application, and customer problems.
- Performs performance analysis and system tuning for optimum performance. Experience with iDoctor, CCSS, SQL (DBMON) and Performance Navigator (MPG) a plus.
- Performs problem isolation, definition, resolution and follow-up for system, application, and customer problems
- Recommend changes in System and Application maintenance, and standards.
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, and maintains 3rd party software applications.
- Basic CL programming knowledge is necessary.
- Experience with Vision Mimix, Double Take Share, BRMS and Robot Scheduler a plus.
Required Qualifications :
- 3+ years’ experience in the OS support of iSeries (AS/400).
- 3+ years system support in a production environment
- Must be able to support an on-call schedule.
- Maintains a commitment to providing outstanding customer service.