IT Project Manager
Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 7+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Manage the overall planning, direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of assigned projects.
- Provide strong, proactive and assertive leadership for assigned projects.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Become deeply engaged in and knowledgeable of the solutions being developed.
- Define, orchestrate and manage the holistic project lifecycle, delivery cadence, release plan and sprint schedule.
- Work closely with the business and solution analysts to define and refine project scope, product / project backlogs and release plans.
- Oversee and lead the definition and creation of high-quality project / product backlogs, utilizing epics, features, user stories and task structures.
- Plan, facilitate and champion effective Agile / Scrum ceremonies including backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand ups, sprint demos and retrospectives.
- Coach, guide and mentor teams on Agile / Scrum practices and techniques.
- Actively contribute to establishing and improving project management practices and delivery frameworks.
- Develop detailed work plans, including work breakdown structures, project milestones, risk assessment / management plans, staffing needs, project timelines and budgets.
- Facilitate the identification, scheduling and assignment of project activities, tasks and milestones.
- Ensure established project delivery framework tasks, activities and deliverables are represented and accounted for in project plans and timelines.
- Collaborate with IT leadership to assemble and manage project resources.
- Actively monitor, track and manage project tasks, timelines, attainment of established milestones and overall quality of project activities and deliverables.
- Establish and provide high-quality, informative written and verbal project communications, including weekly status, dashboards and project updates.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- 8+ years overall IT experience with significant experience in software development.
- 5+ years experience managing software / application development projects.
- 3+ years Agile / Scrum experience.
- Experience with both traditional waterfall software development processes and Agile / Scrum methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project and Office.
- Experience managing projects with a variety of technologies, platforms and development languages (AS400, Java, .NET, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian / Jira / Confluence and TFS a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to interface with executives and stakeholders regarding issues of project scope and status.
- Ability to facilitate productive meetings and drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, determine appropriate actions and complete projects with minimal direction.