Java Web Development Manager
Location : Kenosha, WI
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : College Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Manage, develop and mentor a team of technical experts responsible for the operations, performance and reliability of Uline's Java applications.
- Manage development of Java services for custom applications and package integrations.
- Manage day-to-day triage of tickets, break-fix items and enhancements. Ensure tickets are correctly prioritized.
- Oversee code deployment process, ensuring sufficient change testing, defect tracking and coverage for after-hours support.
- Create and implement IT strategies to support key business objectives.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the development team(s) responsible for creating, implementing and performing continuous improvement.
- Develop, implement and maintain an organization model that leverages resources across the IT structure.
- Understand best practices in IT technology, processes and applications development and support.
- Build relationships with business stakeholders, infrastructure teams, other IT teams and vendors. Drive projects and improvement activities across the extended team(s).
- Facilitate the incident management process across the Java Development teams. Perform root cause analysis and recommend preventative measures for major issues.
- Collaborate with IT on scheduled maintenance. Minimize impact to customers.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 10+ years IT experience.
- 3+ years management experience.
- 5+ years experience designing and developing Java applications.
- Experience managing software teams that develop or maintain service-oriented business applications.
- Working knowledge of both traditional and Agile software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with software development tools for task management (Rational Team Concert, Atlassian JIRA).
- Able to lead complex technical discussions with developers and engineers, building consensus and creating action plans.
- Strong communication and customer service skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with WebSphere, Hibernate and RESTful services desired.