Jr. Cisco Network Engineer
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1-3+
Required Education : College Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
We are seeking a junior Cisco candidate that can perform various Cisco related functions within the enterprise. This candidate must be able to work independently, as well as collectively, and be able to learn from others on the team.
This person should be proficient in Cisco technologies, particularly Cisco 2921, Cisco 3550, Cisco 3750, Nexus 7004, Cisco ASA5520 and Cisco 5505’s. You will be assisting the company's Cisco Engineers with day-to-day activities involving Cisco equipment, technologies and concepts. This person will also assist in the planning and implementation of company’s network initiatives.
Example projects include:
- Replace the aged Cisco 3550 switches with Cisco 3750 switches with the latest IOS version.
- Assist on the planning/implementation of the Cisco VPN clients to Cisco Anyconnect, this initiative will require that all rules and user profiles are defined for the environment following Cisco best practices, while still allowing business functionality.
- Assist with completing the migration of the remaining equipment connected to the Cisco 6509 switch to the Nexus 7004 core switch.
Required Qualifications :
- 1-3 years of Cisco experience in medium to large multi-site environments
- Experience basic troubleshooting of ASA 5000 series firewalls, 3000 series switches, 2/4000 series routers
- Experience with IPSEC tunnels, SNMP monitor, and advanced SolarWinds – Orion knowledge
- General documentation skills and exceptional organization skills
- CCNA required
- CCNP preferred
- Ability to easily communicate with all levels of personnel and management
- Ability to self-direct, prioritize work assignments and be consistently on task