Junior Java Developer - Full Stack
Location : Chicago, IL
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 1+ years minimum
Required Education : CE/CS or EE Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
Junior/Mid Full Stack Java Developer (1-2 years experience)
- Purpose of the job:
- Support the research, development, and innovation of the Team Leads in their duties by developing concepts into viable solutions, development of proposals, technical specifications documentations, software development, analyze complex technical system problems with the required quality outputs and timeframes, as well as assisting with design and project management activities
- Develop and enhance complex systems and/or software from general requirements and specifications. Performs system and subsystem definition, preliminary and detailed design, and design implementation. Participates in software requirement review, preliminary and critical design, integration readiness review, and software acceptance review.
- Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Java Technologies with MySQL
- Have a hands on approach as well as strong technical skills
- Fully conversant in complex technical terminology
- Able to handle all engineering aspects of several projects simultaneously
- Passionate about digital technologies and cloud solutions
- Think creatively
- Work well in a team and with a wide range of people on various organizational levels
- Willing to travel locally and internationally
- Knowledge of large organizations business processes
Required Qualifications :
- General Job Description:
- Understanding of development lifecycle and the ability to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to design
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structs as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement using language of choice.
- Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Engage in technical discussions, participate in technical design and present technical ideas.
- Travel Requirements:
- Local travel(Northwest Indiana) may be necessary to meet with client needs. Both domestic and international travel may be required during the commissioning of a new project.
- Reporting Structure:
- Candidate will be working with our Project Manager, Team Leads, and our development and support team in India. You will be able to clearly communicate your ideas. The candidate will both openly and honestly provide and receive regular input from your peers. While teamwork is of the utmost in importance, you can also work independently. You possess a strong focus on quality and attention to detail and possess the ability to quickly understand and solve unique and even undocumented programming problems
- Team contributions, abilities, performance under stress, and solution successes; as well as experience with company systems will create opportunities for promotion