Manager, Email Marketing
· This position has a direct impact on the reputation the Company maintains in a highly competitive marketplace.
· Works to facilitate the objectives of the department and Company under minimal direction. Position requires the exercise of independent judgment.
· This is a highly visible position, impacting the business strategically and operationally. The Manager, Email Marketing is a business partner to Company leaders and as such must be well versed in the companies Brands business model and plans.
· Position works closely with the Marketing, IT, Inventory Planning and Creative departments as well as Executive leadership.
· Position works closely with external vendors including Cheetah Mail; SalesForce (Exact Target); 4 Cite; Google Analytics, and Deloite Digital (Marketing Database).
· Directly Supervises and Marketing Assistant and Marketing Coordinator.
- Drives the email marketing strategy and manages the execution of campaigns.
- Builds and maintains the email calendar.
- Ensures that email marketing sales and profit goals are met or exceeded.
- Monitors email program to ensure that emails are being deployed and in box placement is maintained.
- Partners with the Creative Team to design email templates, design content and clearly communicate promotions
- Partners with Online Merchandising and Inventory planning to create landing pages for email marketing campaigns.
- Develops full lifecycle programs that are relevant and appealing to target audiences.
- Develops and analyzes key marketing metrics to ensure campaigns are meeting revenue goals.
- Analyzes email campaigns to make recommendations for enhancing their effectiveness.
- Works closely with Manager, Multichannel CRM to develop customer journey strategies based on current email subscribers’ level of engagement with the Company.
- Formulates and executes end-to-end campaign plans to optimize key traffic and revenue metrics including open rates, click through rates, engagement, and conversion.
- Develops list segmentation strategies to increase engagement and to get the right message to the right person at the right time.
- Manages relationships with our email service provider and other 3rd party technology companies to optimize the use of email technology and techniques.
- Continuously optimize mailing strategies to drive higher returns including A/B and multivariate testing of subject lines, message, content, images, offers, mailing frequency, segments, etc.
- Utilize the best email practices to ensure CAN-SPAM compliance.
- Drives email list growth strategies and execution across multiple channels
- Takes actions to learn, teach and support company policies, practices, and processes.
- Manages and provides leadership and developmental opportunities for direct reports including mentoring, training, work assignments, and timely performance evaluations.
- Provides guidance on goals and objectives through clear, effective, timely, and constructive feedback to staff.
- Practices open door policy. Identifies, addresses, and resolves conflict immediately while maintaining a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates positive self-confidence and business maturity in professional relationships.
- Adheres to company policies and leads by example; maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Develops and manages budget in line with company expectations.
- Stay current with email marketing best practices, strategies, and industry standards.
· Proven ability to communicate insights and action items driven from data.
· Analytical and segmentation skills, as well as excellent email copywriting/editing skills; strong attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to juggle short-term needs with overall strategy
· Creative, highly organized, articulate, flexible, and very hands-on.
· Ability to manage email programs from conception to production, including back-end analysis.
· Proactive, energetic, self-starter who thrives on getting things done.
· Clear understanding of marketing metrics and expertise in A/B testing and ROI analysis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors’ Degree in eCommerce, Marketing, Advertising, or Business Administration preferred.
· 5 years’ experience managing CRM based email marketing campaigns.
· Strong previous email marketing experience, including creating and driving successful campaigns
· Proven track record of managing successful email marketing campaigns.
· Knowledge of online A/B testing tools a plus: Optimizely, Monetate, or others.
· Knowledge of Project Management a plus.
· Expert knowledge of email best practices including targeted lists, subject lines, messaging and deliverability.
· Experience building business requirements for list segmentation, work flows and triggered events.
· In-depth experience with SalesForce (Exact Target). Strongly preferred.