Manager, Enterprise Multimedia
The Manager of Enterprise Multimedia Services is a leadership position within the Information Technology department responsible for the delivery of all Multimedia Services. This includes selection, implementation, maintenance and technical support of presentation and conference center technology, video and Web-conferencing technology, videography and video editing services, technology-enabled event planning and other audio visual services. The Manager of Enterprise Multimedia Services is charged with selecting, implementing and operating world-class multimedia systems that ensure a seamless and reliable experience for the Firm’s lawyers, staff and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Multimedia Services function firmwide.
- Manage the staffing needs which includes, but is not limited to, job design, recruiting, professional development, annual evaluations, salary reviews, performance management and disciplinary action.
- Develop and monitor progress on Multimedia Services performance objectives.
- Establish and monitor metrics and reports for Multimedia Services.
- Establish and maintain mechanisms for identifying and tracking technology problems and resolutions.
- Establish, implement and enforce firmwide policies, standards and procedures associated with testing, requesting and delivery of Multimedia Services.
- Select appropriate Multimedia Services products and service providers; participate in vendor and service provider negotiations; manage vendor and service provider performance.
- Provide input on firmwide space planning and design, focusing on audiovisual-centric spaces such as conference rooms, moot court rooms and training rooms.
- Participate in high-level technology planning for internal firm and other high-profile events.
- Ensure appropriate management of all audiovisual assets.
- Manage the Multimedia equipment lifecycle which includes, but is not limited to, videoconferencing infrastructure, videoconferencing units, sound equipment, projectors and recording equipment.
- Develop orders for all Multimedia equipment.
End User Support, Training and Communication
- Ensure appropriate Multimedia Services content is available to support knowledge base.
- Deliver and maintain appropriate content regarding Multimedia Services on the firm’s intranet.
- Maintain Multimedia Services support escalation and contact list for the Service Desk.
- Work with other IT Directors and Managers on strategic initiatives.
- Develop annual Multimedia Services capital budget and relevant individual project budgets; monitor actual to budget performance.
- Maintain high level of current awareness of new technologies and technology trends associated with audio visual and presentation technology.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with technology support, with at least 5 years supporting audio visual/conference center technology.
- A minimum of 5 years in a management role.
- Formal project management training and/or demonstrated project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities