Manager, Techology Mergers & Acquisitions
Our client isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but they act like one.
From day one, their people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means they seek out the best of the best, and then challenge them to make them better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. This company celebrates driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Their consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then this just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
Our Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice is seeking a Manager to join our rapidly growing team. In this dynamic role, you will work with our national M&A practice servicing both corporate and private equity clients, which includes leading operational and technology assessments during the due diligence phase, planning as part of the carve-out or merger integration transactions, and post-close execution management (e.g. IMO).
What will you be doing?
Managers in our Mergers & Acquisitions practice have these primary responsibilities.
- Lead teams serving clients across industries (with specific capabilities in mergers & acquisitions), while demonstrating executive presence with C-level client counterparts
- Facilitate due diligence site visits focused on identifying functional and technology strategy, organizational structures, and current state business processes and supporting technology
- Assess functional and technology investment strategies and compare respective operating models and organizational structures against leading practices and industry benchmarks
- Lead engagements teams on transaction advisory, guiding the team to prepare focused request lists and agenda, facilitating on-site reviews, and providing leadership over deliverables
- Work with engagement leadership to implement functional processes and technology that support value creation and process efficiency across functions
- Facilitate client workshops focused on designing future state operating models, organization structures, and business requirements as part of a carve-out or merger integration
- Manage project economics including: track project budgets, create and deliver invoices, and manage collection process
- Drive the development/enhancement of company's M&A methodologies (diligence, planning, carve-out, etc.) and approaches to client delivery
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance review process
- Understand client strategy and investment priorities and turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Understand investment needs and requirements and help turn those goals into concrete engagements and detailed proposals
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality consultants
- Big 4 or similar consulting background
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline (e.g. Operations Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology)
- Consulting “athlete” (i.e. diversity in project experience, comfortable with new subject matter/industries)
- Strong knowledge of business process / functional consulting in Healthcare, Manufacturing & Distribution, and Technology/Tech-enabled companies
- ERP or supply chain applications implementation experience; functional expertise in IT and supporting front/back office operations is required
- Knowledge and experience working with private equity buyout and/or strategic mergers and acquisitions focused in Software/Hi-tech, Healthcare, and Manufacturing & Distribution is preferred.
- Deal execution management and leadership including carve-outs and merger integrations.
- Experience managing or analyzing P&L statements, and financial modeling skills to build and manage complex synergy and cash flow models related to M&A transactions
- Direct functional and technology experience in Software/Hi-tech, Healthcare, and/or Manufacturing & Distribution organizations, as well as IT carve-out and merger integration leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5+ years participating on business consulting and IT project based work / teams
- Minimum of 3+ years of managing complex functional and/or IT projects / people
- Minimum of 3+ years of consulting experience with a specific industry domain expertise in one or more of the following: Software/Hi-tech, Healthcare, and Manufacturing & Distribution
We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then this just might be the place for you.