Network Administrator - CTH
Location : Milwaukee, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+ years
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree Desired
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
This position will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the assigned scopes within
the network infrastructure for Froedtert Health.
- This infrastructure primarily includes network switches, routers,firewalls, cabling plant, and wireless solutions.
- Duties include:
- Configuring and troubleshooting VPNs; making routing changes; configuring server load balancing, blade center switches, and firewall ACLs; installing and supporting radius/tacacs servers; performing site surveys; and working with the IT PC Support team to resolve networking issues.
- Typical tasks include:
- installing, configuring, maintaining, and documenting switches, routers, lightweight access points, and wireless controllers;
- adding static address translations;
- installing and maintaining data communications circuits;
- coordinating installation of cabling (copper and fiber) and UPS;
- activating data jacks; managing IP addressing;
- performing active wireless site surveys; and performing wireless spectrum analysis.
- The position will work closely with the Network Administration team and Information Technology (IT) leadership to ensure that the network infrastructure delivers at a service level consistent with organizational risk, information access requirements, and business strategies.
- This position will work closely with other Voice and Data Network team members to promote teamwork, stewardship, and accountability.
- This person must provide updates regarding the performance and availability of network infrastructure and proactively work to resolve problems.
- This position works to improve or maintain a high level of system performance through the implementation of sound technologies and the consistent use of generally accepted networking best practices.
- This role will also provide consulting on moderate to complex IT initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- A minimum of three years of related IT experience is required.
- Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of computer/network principles at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in a relevant technology field or acquired through a combination of education and experience is required.
- Special Skills
- Working knowledge of DHCP/DNS, subnetting, routing, switching, spanning tree, VTP, power over Ethernet, VoIP, trunking, VLANs, LAN/WAN technologies, and wireless technologies.
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies.
- Familiarity with network management and troubleshooting tools (such as ping and traceroute).
- Solid capabilities working to plan and meeting deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of the IT services, applications, and infrastructure.
- Exceptional computer skills utilizing and supporting MS Office and MS Exchange/Outlook.
- Must have good interpersonal skills in communications with all levels of hospital personnel, vendors and IT personnel.
- Must be able to train others quickly and thoroughly on key IT concepts.