Network Systems Administrator
This role requires an experienced, self-motivated individual to maintain and improve IT systems performance, security and efficiency. Our growing organization seeks an open-minded, detail-oriented individual with follow through skills. The Network System Administrator will adjust to changing priorities, anticipate and adapt to circumstances as needed.
- Monitor systems daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Manage the configuration and operation of web-based and computer operating systems.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that our users encounter.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Provide support for Mitel Phone system
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware and anti-virus protection software and other applications.
- Review application logs.
- Install and test computer-related equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, McAfee DLP, and a plus
- Create V-LAN's
- Deal with Server issues
- Respond to switching and router issues
- 5+ years’ experience in network and system administration.
- Demonstrated problem-solving mindset with strong network troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive experience managing Active Directory.
- Support of Windows operating systems including: Server 2008 R2, 2012, and 2016, Windows 7 and 10
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Extensive experience with VMware.
- Extensive experience with switches, routers and firewalls
- Understanding of server support
- Experience setting up V-LAN's
- Basic understanding of PCI and HIPAA certification requirements as it relates to system requirements and best practices.
- Bachelor degree in a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Positive, professional and friendly attitude, and demonstrated experience as a self-motivated member of a work team.
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis.