NOC Engineer / Help Desk II
The NOC Engineers are responsible for providing escalation support to Level 1 help desk to assist with managing client requests for a portfolio of Managed Services clients; working alongside our Help Desk Staff, NOC Engineers and Manager, and Technical Account Lead’s to review, clarify, and assign client requests and tickets to appropriate resource. The goal is to be able to handle escalations prior to engaging Technical Account Lead team (SME). In addition, you will be responsible for managing and rapidly responding to monitoring and critical system wide events as well as being engaged in more advanced help desk related requests. You will be responsible for clarifying vague requests submitted by clients and updating inquires and documenting before assigned to an internal resource.
The ideal candidate should be able to effectively multitask as well as communicate effectively with client and team to ensure client quick turnaround is provided. Individual must be able to work in a fast paced environment and identify requirements and urgency then assign to proper individual. Individual must have the ability to identify who they are speaking with and convey a clear message and update client with state of ticket or request. Individual would be responsible for assisting in answering inbound client requests, identify reason for calling, and schedule to internal resource as well as document effectively. You will also manage systems such as backup, monitoring systems, AV, group policies, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Utilize monitoring tools to proactively identify problems with systems, applications, and networks.
· Assist in the deployment, operation and maintenance of centralized Backup and Disaster Recovery Systems, Antivirus Systems, and Patching Systems
· Provide Tier 2 escalation support to the help desk
· Develop and implement scripting and automation solutions to increase system efficiency and reduce human intervention time on tasks
· Implement system and software upgrades as directed
· Open, resolve, and maintain help desk tickets
· Assist in incident management including problem resolution and tracking problems
· Create, update, and execute Change Requests as directed
· Follow processes needed to maintain operational stability
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Experience in high paced and high call volume call environment such as retail, dispatch, service, client support, etc.
· Ability to work well as part of a cross-functional team environment.
· Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
· Detail oriented and must be experienced with tools such as Word, Excel, Etc.
· Must be able to type and use proper spelling and grammar as well as document quickly based on clients phoned in requests.
· Skill in planning and preparing written communications.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience (preferred)
· Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCTS, CCNA, CCNP, preferred but not required
· Experience with Windows Server and Client, Cisco Systems, VMware, Citrix, Sonicwall, PowerShell, StorageCraft.
· Strong understanding of the following: Windows Server, Windows operating systems, Active Directory, and Microsoft Exchange.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills