Oracle HCM Business Systems Analyst
As a HCM Business Systems Analyst on the Information Technology team, you will be responsible for aligning technology used by the Human Resources and Payroll teams to overall business strategy and people goals. Your role is to work closely with various Human Resources and Payroll business partners to define technology objectives, determine where improvements can be made, and help develop systems and processes that benefit those business improvement goals. The HCM Business Systems Analyst will serve as the technical subject-matter expert to provide guidance to cross-functional teams of internal business partners in order to effectively deliver technology initiatives while ensuring both quality and objectives are met throughout the projects. Core responsibilities include: gathering and translating business requirements into functional and technical design documents, writing reports, supporting issue resolution, and designing and implementing configuration changes in test and production environments. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think strategically, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. Above all, you’ll have a direct hand in delivering tools that enable your Human Resources and payroll business partners to be most successful in driving the organization forward and meeting their day-to-day goals.
WHO YOU ARE
- A Team Player. You thrive within a small, collaborative team that shares the knowledge and assists one another at a moment’s notice. You want your team to succeed and enthusiastically share success with your peers.
- Resourceful. When issues arise, you know where to go to find the answer. You have a natural curiosity for how technology works and you like to solve problems using your available means.
- Knowledgeable. Your background includes a combination of business and information technology, which you’ve built through both educational and professional experiences. You have a broad-based familiarity with Human Resources and Payroll functions, which would help you to more seamlessly jump into this role. You’re comfortable with information gathering, data collection, and data analysis, in addition to problem solving with a customer focus in mind. This makes you adept at asking important questions others may not have thought of when considering making a system or business process change.
- Business Liaison. When it comes to integrating business process with systems you enjoy being the conduit with your business partners to lead the project execution and train affected users. You work closely with business partners to gather needs systematically, review viable solutions, test new functionality along the way, implement solutions, and track post-implementation results.
- Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with all levels and various teams within the organization and be understood. In addition, you’re skilled in compiling and delivering presentations that help to coordinate efforts between business partners and IT. By delivering clear communication, you help to ensure that projects stay on time, deliverables meet budget, and key stakeholders are aware of project statuses.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business. In other words, you handle pressure well and do so with confidence and a positive attitude!
- Maintain confidentiality. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Analyze and document business requirements for projects and software customizations or configurations, and make these changes in the system.
- Analyze and compare datasets or system data, looking for trends, issues, solutions, or areas for improvement.
- Implement and manage standard testing procedures for application release updates, which includes creating, reviewing, executing, and tracking test plans and results. You will also be responsible for validating testing procedures to ensure they meet both business and technical requirements.
- Review and present software upgrades to Human Resources and Payroll business partners. Once new or enhanced functionality has been released, you will review release notes, communicate release changes to business partners, analyze and test new features, and help guide your business partners on utilizing new functionality.
- Participate in project management activities, coordinating efforts between internal business partners and IT; this may also include clear communication of status updates, timing of deliverables, budget adherence, etc. to leaders, team members, stakeholders, etc.
- Provide assistance to peers, developers, and IT support team by reviewing issues reported from end users, determining and reconciling discrepancies, solving for root cause of errors, and helping to establish procedures to correct them.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reports as needed.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects, as needed.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Proven strong work ethic, ability to make decisions, and adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with an exceptional ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner.
- Must be familiar with documenting test cases and experienced in software quality assurance and technology testing practices.
- Motivated to succeed with capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with an emphasis in business or information technology preferred.
- 2+ years relevant business analysis and/or project management work experience required.
- Experience with Oracle HCM Cloud, Saba, Taleo, and Time & Labor software product offerings preferred.