PathNet Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst, with supervision, uses defined methodology in a team environment to perform system life cycle tasks for the Laboratory Information System. These tasks include planning, system analysis, design, application building, testing, maintenance and support and the completion of special project work. Other duties as assigned.
- Solid understanding of components and data flow for simple to moderately complex IT systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, computer programming concepts, software development lifecycle, databases, client-server technology, networks and security.
- Solid understanding of project management principles and methods.
- Performs all functions involving analysis , design, development and implementation of software applications. Develops and builds tests utilizing computer based tools.
- Coordinates service resolution efforts with vendors. Identifies and investigates technical specification updates and works to enhance vendor business relationships.
- Cross-trains other team members in areas of expertise. Trains end users on software applications.
- Develops and executes unit, functional and integration test plans for conversions and other system updates implementation planning. Manages/maintains all testing and validation documentation as required by the College of American Pathologists.
- Develops and maintains production support procedures for Laboratory Information System.
- Responsible for daily operations . Resolves issues relative to production support on a timely basis and effectively communicates the status of the resolution.
- Develops and manages billing operations in the laboratory system. Maintains communication with patient financial services and other billing specialists as appropriate.
- Uses expertise to identify opportunities for improvement and standardization of laboratory information processes to promote efficiency.
- Partners with other information systems liaisons to identify, coordinate and implement modification efforts for system priorities and needs. Conducts operational audits of systems as needed.
- Completes special projects such as workflow analysis, design, and general systems analysis as requested.
- Communicates project status updates, and resolves and/or escalates issues where appropriate.
- Assures the requirements of the College of American Pathologists standards are met for Laboratory Computer Services.
- Two years of related work experience including implementation and or support of a healthcare related information system.
- Experience working with Cerner Millennium Pathnet
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care, Medical Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related field is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology is preferred (highly desired, but not required)