Programmer/Analyst - Oracle EBS
PROGRAMMER/ANALYST - POSITION SUMMARY
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting new and existing functionality across business applications that is of a moderate level of complexity under general supervision. This position will work closely with IT and business users across the organization to validate business requirements and design solutions to implement enhancement requests as well as analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve production issues using root cause analysis to ensure optimal system functionality and application availability to meet business needs across the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience and advanced knowledge working with business applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- 3+ years of hands on experience with ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- 4+ years of experience and advanced knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite R12 applications.
- Oracle E-Business Suite functional knowledge within R12 ERP areas such as OPM Manufacturing, Discrete Manufacturing, Production Planning & Scheduling, Supply Chain, Shipping, Procurement, Order Management, Inventory, Financials.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle form extensions & personalization, PL/SQL for application integrations and interfaces, data fixes, workflow customizations, building concurrent programs, user interfaces using OAF, SQL, XML publisher reports, XML, Unix shell scripts, SOA web services, HTML protocols.
- Experience working with SQL Developer, Toad, SVN source control, jDeveloper, BI Publisher, and other similar tools.
- Experience working with ADF
- Experience working with JAVA
- Experience working with internal business users to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve escalated production support issues and designing and implementing enhancement requests. Participation in on-call and after-hours application and end user support as needed.
- Experience in a fast paced, cross-functional and multi-team environment.
- Validate business requirements and design solutions to implement enhancement requests
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve production issues leveraging root cause analysis best practices for optimal system functionality and application availability to meet business needs across the organization.
- Design and develop programs, reports, end user layer tables, add/modify fields and setups, and develop and implement extensions of a moderate level of complexity.
- Utilize application based and vendor provided tools (e.g. API’s, PL/SQL, Reports, monitoring tools, etc.) for troubleshooting, research, data extraction, data conversion and importing, integrity checking, and validation.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and application development projects, providing technical expertise in information technology.
- Make major contributions to development activities to support team assignments and objectives.
- Guide, train and mentor new team members and junior team members.
- Contribute to the design, development, implementation, testing, training, and documentation of applications using approved development methodologies and tools.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of information technology system development standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- Responsible for effective communication through progress reports, technical reports, and technical/user documentation to teams and management.
- Identify cross-functional processes that would benefit from systems and data activities to eliminate redundant company efforts.
- Maintain awareness of new information technologies and techniques and expand knowledge of database administration, project management tools, web based development tools, and client/server applications.
- Function as a team member on specified projects of medium to large scale and complexity. Conduct projects of small scale and simple complexity.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, installation, and support software in a client server environment according to project definition and goals.
- Provide day to day and on-call second tier end-user application support.
- Identify, design, and participate in or lead projects associated with IT process and service delivery improvements.