The Science and Engineering Applications Groupwithin the Mathematics and Computer Science Division participates in development of the KBase platform. The DOE Systems Biology Knowledgebase (KBase) aims to provide a computational environment to meet the key challenges of systems biology: predicting and ultimately designing biological function. KBase enables secure sharing of data, tools, methods, and conclusions in a unified, extensible system that allows researchers to collaboratively generate, test, and share hypotheses about biological functions; perform large-scale analyses on scalable computing infrastructure; and combine multiple lines of evidence to accurately model plant and microbial physiology and community dynamics. Weseeksomeonetoprovidethefollowingfunctions:
• Participate in development of new KBase scientific applications and web views of app output
• Communication and coordination of new application development.
• Documentation of issues, procedures,and practices.
• Extensive experience with Python programming language
• Experience with AGILE development process
• Experience with web services (REST, JSON)
• Experience with Git/GitHub
• Ability to communicate well with people of diverse backgrounds and computer knowledge.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
• Flexibility in dealing with assignments and in working on several projects simultaneously.
• Experience with JAVA programming language
• Experience with iPython notebook/Jupyter frameworks
• Experience working in an academic or research environment
• Knowledge of computational biology
Time: 6 months, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 8:30 to 17:00 with 30 minute lunch break.
Development Area : Internet Development Products
Level: I or II