QA Engineer Automation
Location : Pleasant Prairie, WI
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree Required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Description :
- Design, develop and implement automated testing and tooling solutions with a focus on project and application-based automated functional and regression testing.
- Enhance, extend and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks.
- Create, maintain and expand our master regression test bed.
- Define and promote test automation best practices, standards and processes.
- Collaborate with project managers, solution analysts, the Quality Assurance team and developers on project and application-level test automation. Help identifying candidates for inclusion in test automation.
- Coordinate and manage automated testing efforts for concurrent projects.
- Create and maintain data sets to be used in test automation activities.
- Document, evaluate and disseminate test results; collaborate in troubleshooting issues.
- Provide test automation estimates and timelines for assigned projects.
- Participate in continuous integration, release and build management.
- Establish and manage requirement traceability through test plans and cases.
- Communicate and report on status of test automation activities.
- Align with and contribute to established QA practices for IT Project Services teams.
- Participate in executing QA roadmaps and strategies.
- Collaborate with QA manager and team to develop, implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services.
- Guide and coach teams to adopt and implement applicable testing best practices and expectations.
- Contribute to the awareness of the test automation function throughout IT and the business, communicating applicable testing practices and expectations.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- 3+ years experience in test automation development in an SDET (software development engineer in test) role.
- Scripting experience with SmartBear TestComplete or other GUI test automation tools a plus.
- Experience with source control tools such as GIT, TFS and SVN.
- Foundational understanding of SQL and databases.
- Experience in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of QA processes, practices and systems.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) test management tools, Visual Studio Test Professional and / or Microsoft Test Manager a plus.
- Development background a plus.
- Experience with automated unit testing a plus.
- Experience with API testing and tools such as SoapUI and Postman a plus.
- Experience testing Angular web applications a plus.