Quality Assurance Analyst
As a member of the team, the QA Analyst will be working on new, emerging, and existing software products. The candidate must be able to ensure the product meets the needs specified in the requirements. This includes review of the functional requirements and technical documentation and preparing, executing and reporting the results of an acceptance test plan which is cost effective given the risk of the project.
· Implement and maintain project test plans, test cases and be responsible for executing both manual and automated test scripts.
· Provide guidance and subject matter expertise to IT teams (and business project members) on QA methodologies and processes; educates them on their responsibilities/accountabilities for the purpose of achieving on-time and quality deliverables.
· Execute the User Acceptance Testing process with internal business stakeholders.
· Work with small cross-functional internal business technology projects utilizing the Agile methodology.
· As a member of the IT team, implement quality assurance best practices, improve processes, expedite QA cycles and improve overall application quality.
· Escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels; proactively maintain an issues, risk and action items log.
· Perform Business Analysis tasks as necessary.
· Review testing procedures of external consultancies for projects with outsourced implementation.
· Enforce and maintain UI and UX standards across applications and technology platforms.
· Work both collaboratively and independently while maintaining a high level of productivity.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
· Certification in software testing or related fields is preferred.
· 4+ years of professional business experience.
· Substantial experience with various web and client/server software application platforms.
· Must possess a strong understanding of the various software development lifecycles including Agile (SCRUM) and waterfall.
· Direct hands-on experience with automated testing tools and reporting software including creation and maintenance of an automated web application regression test suite.
· Experience in various test automation frameworks is preferred.
· Experience with external implementation companies preferred.
· Expertise in User Experience (UX) Design is a strong plus.
· Extensive practical skill in productivity tools such as MS Office including importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
· Must be highly organized, possess strong problem analysis and resolution skills, demonstrate initiative, be able to multitask, handle changing priorities and work independently.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills. Must possess ability to interact with peers in a high-bandwidth and collaborative fashion. Proven ability in training and knowledge sharing with team members. Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure, reporting to technology and line-of-business leadership.
· Knowledge of the banking/financial services industry is a plus.