Quality Assurance Analyst
Basic Job Description:
Seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Analyst to add to our rapidly growing team that is self-motivated, customer focused and results driven. You should be comfortable working on your own or with a team.
In this role, you will build and execute test cases and test scripts, where necessary, for our software solutions. You will need to be able to create test data when not supplied with any. This includes functional testing, UAT, exploratory testing, and regression testing. You will need to track and manage results of testing efforts.
You will define and execute a QA strategy that encompasses the entire lifecycle of our platform. Primary direction and guidance will be provided. As our QA process is still relatively young, this opportunity has potential to help craft the future of the QA group.
This role requires thorough technical, analytical and operational knowledge within the QA area of accountability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for all Quality Assurance functions include planning, strategy, testing execution and tools.
· Creates/updates manual test cases/scripts.
· Automated testing experience is a plus. Selenium automated test projects do currently exist for some platforms and can be built upon.
· Analyze data model and generate test data for platform testing.
· Works with the Project Manager and other technical leaders to establish time tables and agree on a Quality Assurance plan for each project.
· Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, working with the project Business Analyst to ensure all requirements are tested.
· Performing root cause analysis on post QA reported defects and implementing corrective action to ensure continuous improvement of our processes and products.
· Accurately assesses testing needs through phone conversations, written communication, and face to face meetings.
· Delivers informative, well-organized test plans to project team.
· Performs additional related duties as assigned.
· Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
· Generates enthusiasm among team members.
· Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive schedules.
· Strong interpersonal skills – networking, building relationships, teamwork.
· Self-motivated, work well in a team structure or independently.
· Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and client mindsets.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience Required:
· 2+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance Testing or Manual Software Testing.
· 1+ years of experience in testing websites.
· Knowledge of SQL (1+ years’ experience)
· Knowledge of the SDLC.
· Knowledge of Quality Assurance best practices & testing methodologies.
· Experience testing web services, and console applications is a plus.
· Office Suite experience.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
· Detail-oriented, creative thinking, problem solving, and knowledge management.
· Time and process management and prioritization skills.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to work extended hours as needed.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for explaining findings and updates.
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.