Sales Account Manager - Japanese Speaking
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the sale of the products to assigned target accounts in TN, NC, SC, & VA as well as making recommendations for strategic sales action plans. The incumbent expands market share by selling products using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence purchasing decisions while assisting them in applying the products to their needs resulting in increased sales volume and revenue generation. Insures high post-sales satisfaction by facilitating positive relationships.
This is a remote position; the incumbent may reside anywhere within the territory.
Collaboratively develops and executes account management plan, overarching sales strategy, to increase market share within target accounts.
Actively pursues new business while simultaneously nurturing existing customers.
Make a minimum of eight customer visits per week.
Responsible for setting account plans on an annual, quarterly, and/or monthly basis.
Evaluates and implements appropriate new sales techniques to increase the assigned customer’s sales volume.
Recommends product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential.
Calls on company representatives such as design engineers, mechanical engineers, buyers or other professional and technical personnel. Cold calling to prospective new customers is required.
Makes PowerPoint presentations to prospective customers communicating a complete understanding of the products and business model.
Ensures each customer fully understands how to use the catalog and downloadable CAD data as well as to order parts.
Reports to the Business Development Manager on a weekly basis by submitting call reports that detail the names of companies, the individuals called upon, and the results of the meetings as well as highs and lows for the week.
Forecasts the types of assembly components being considered for purchase and the estimated dollar volume.
When requested, assists the accounting department with large outstanding accounts receivable issues in their territory.
Interacts with defined customers and recommends products to be included in the product line that will help the company grow the factory automation business unit.
Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Travel will be at least 60% of the time.
Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, or related area is preferred.
- 5-8 years of successful industrial sales experience, 3 of which should be in major global account management.
- Experience working for a global company within the automation industry is required and experience working in the automotive industry is a plus.
- Experience in selling mechanical components in automation/assembly equipment is preferred.
- Ability to engage in technical discussion related to powertrains, engines, electronics, and other automotive components is required
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of contact resource management systems and MS Dynamics
- is desirable.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills. Knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment is a must.
- For salespeople with Japanese account responsibility, verbal/written communications skills in both English and Japanese are required.