Sales/ Solutions Engineer - Mid-Atlantic
The Sales Engineer will assist their Mid-Atlantic Regional Account Manger counterpart with positioning and selling complex networking communication solutions to Large Enterprise and Public Sector prospects and customers.
- Extensive knowledge of complex networking and communications systems architecture and the processes that makes these solutions work
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products and services to customers and prospective customers while conferring with the same to assess equipment needs and determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales teams, channel partners, and customers to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Engage in competitive product evaluations and bake-offs, and position company solutions for success
- Drive demos and evals to successful completion and sales
- Conduct thorough discovery, to properly align company and help customers identify and solve problems with company solutions
- Recommend appropriate solutions to customers, demonstrating value through adoption and a return on their investment
- Expected to assist the company in researching and developing new products
- Should live within the Mid-Atlantic region defined as Delaware, Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia.
Territory Includes: DE, MD, DC, VA
- Create and drive technical strategy for major accounts by aligning Company technology roadmaps with the accounts vision and strategy.
- Train and evangelize customers, partners and carrier SE’s on Company solutions and technology.
- Exceed quarterly sales quota targets and management objectives.
- Document end to end enterprise solution designs and architectures.
- Proactively identify potential 3rd party partners that would enhance Company Products and cloud offerings.
- Manage trials, pilot activity with strategic end customers throughout the sales process.
- Document and prioritize new features and solution requests from the region.
- Periodically develop white papers and solution briefs.
- Create and deliver technical product and roadmap training presentations.
- Engage and coordinate Company enterprise support team during pre-sales trial and pilot activities.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and selling edge enterprise branch routing, security and wireless solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in a systems engineering, sales engineering, solutions architect role for Internet Protocol (IP) based networking and/or security products.
- 2+ years’ experience with cloud management solutions for the networking, security or wireless industry.
- Should have practical experience or strong knowledge in one or multiple areas:
- LAN/WAN network topologies and interworking (ie MPLS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
- Enterprise, Carrier or Public WiFi solutions (ie. Meraki, Ruckus, Aruba, Cisco).
- Solid understanding of 3GPP(HSPA+,LTE)/3GPP2(EV_DO) Broadband Wireless Data Architectures.
- Virtual Private Network Solutions and Technology.
- Network Management Solutions.
- Network Security (ie UTM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, SBC, ACL, NAT).
- Network and/or Customer Experience Analytics.
- Bachelor of Science or Master’s Degree.