Senior Architect (Technical Assessment) - Consulting
Sr. Architect (Technical Assessment)
Our client isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but they act like one.
From day one, their people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Their consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then this just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
Our client is looking for an experienced Sr. Enterprise Architect to join our Technology practice and work closely with our Mergers and Acquisitions practice (M&A). This is an exciting opportunity to work within our Technology practice on project work including M&A due diligences, strategic enterprise architecture, architecture of post-merger integrations, and high-level plans for carve-outs.
What will you be doing?
- Assess the underlying technical environment within an organization and identify risks and opportunity areas to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
- Evaluate IT and technical development processes for best practices and levels of maturity
- Identify key process issues and risks in the context of an investment thesis while evaluating potential investments for our Private Equity clients
- Formulate projects and strategies to support the client’s investment thesis, key risk mitigation, and long-term technology-based initiatives in the form of risk mitigation and post-close projects.
- Demonstrate expertise in designing technology solutions through system integration and application development
- 3-5 years of software architecture with experience in migrations, re-factoring and greenfield development projects
- Experience applying modern software design concepts such as separation of concerns, microservices, service oriented architectures, test-driven development, model-driven development, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and custom object-oriented design and development
- Strong software engineering experience with two or more of the following:
- Experience applying Agile/lean methodologies
- Experience architecting solutions using database technologies such as relational, NoSQL, transactional and/or data warehouses.
- Demonstrated experience leading technical engagements including proposal development, estimation, and day-to-day project management experience (time tracking, budgeting, status reporting, etc.
- Familiarity or awareness of application security and secure coding principles
- Experience working within a dynamic, collaborative, and team-based environment
- Desire to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
- Experience architecting for cloud platforms such as Azure or AWS is a plus
- BS / Computer Science, MIS or equivalent required
- Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills