Senior Audit SOX Analyst
Senior Audit/SOX Analyst
Summary: Maintains Company internal controls and protects company assets by facilitating internal and external audit activities, monitoring audit issue remediation, performing testing and assessment on internal controls, completing monthly and quarterly compliance requirements, maintaining SOX documentation and accounting and system controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as key liaison between company’s process owners and internal / external auditors. Ensure appropriate documentation is provided to auditors in a timely manner. Monitor audit issues remediation status.
- Perform monthly and quarterly testing of internal controls (including sales cut-off, inventory receipts cut-off, etc.)
- Perform monthly balance sheet reviews for all company entities
- Lead the completion of monthly and quarterly compliance activities (e.g. journal entries and account reconciliation sign-offs, SOX control certification, revenue recognition questionnaires, cycle count questionnaires)
- Manage daily SAP system access approval and maintain Purchasing and Inventory approval matrices
- Assist in development and/or implementation of new processes to improve internal controls and financial reporting (e.g. Account Reconciliation Tool)
- Assist in assessment of internal controls for new and existing businesses. Partner with business process owners to document business processes and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting, internal audit, or similar roles
- Working knowledge of COSO framework and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance
- Ability to work with cross functional team and senior management across the organization
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel 5-10%.
- CPA, CIA or CISA preferred
- Experience with SAP and HFM a plus