Senior Cloud Systems Engineer
The Senior System Engineer’s role is to help architect and support our on-premise virtualization, hyper converged, and public cloud platforms that serve both our internal and external customers world-wide. Successful candidates will be able to efficiently architect, document, deploy and support both on-premise and cloud environments through the use of company and industry best practices. We’re looking for a highly motivated, self-directed candidate with strong experience moving and supporting workloads in both cloud and on-premise environments.
Strategy & Planning
· Provide input to the design of strategic plans.
· Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with the business.
· Participation in determination of where workloads will sit: cloud, hybrid, or on-premise.
· Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, and standards in support of all infrastructure efforts.
Deployment of Solutions
· Assist in the planning and deployment of enterprise-level infrastructure projects.
· Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration & Operations personnel.
· Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
· Provide Level 3 support as needed for infrastructure systems to Operations team and/or Client Services.
· Assist in defining hardware and software standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders using company and industry best practices.
Formal Education & Certification
· Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
· Certifications in Office 365, NetApp, Nutanix, and VMware are a plus.
· Minimum 5 years experience managing and delivering infrastructure and operational excellence in an enterprise environment
· “Go to Person” and takes initiative to resolve problems or improve processes
· Demonstrated experience with cloud and hybrid environments
· Demonstrated knowledge and support experience with Microsoft datacenter products (Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, Office365, Azure, etc.)
· Experience with Hyper Converged Infrastructure is a plus
· Demonstrated support experience with NetApp, Solar Winds, or ServiceNow is a plus
· Experience working in a global, team oriented, collaborative environment
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
· Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated personnel/project management skills.
· Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
· Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Strong customer service orientation.