Senior Developer - Mobile & Web (Xamarin Team Lead)
Senior Developer- Mobile & Web (Xamarin)
Our client is a well established company coming up on 80 years of business. They are one of the largest privately-held companies in North America and a client base that consists of some of the best-known businesses in the world. Company provides numerous specialized services that help all sorts of organizations manage their fleets.
The Senior Developer, Mobile & Internet, works with other members of the New Product Development team, with primary responsibility to design, develop and enhance Company’s innovations on a variety of technical platforms. Candidates must have in-depth software development experience and experience in agile development methodologies. This developer will play key roles in the design, build, testing and launch of industry-changing applications considered critical to our overall company growth strategies, and will be chartered with working within a team that rapidly launches innovative web, mobile and decision tool products.
The Senior Developer will set NPD architecture directions and perform research tasks in the evaluation of technologies that are to be considered for NPD products, and mentor other team members as NPD continuously raises standards. A candidate must be experienced in all stages of the software development life cycle Requirements gathering, Design, Development, Construction and Implementation. The candidate must also have excellent people skills and be resourceful as an occasional technical team product leader
Product Development Responsibilities
- Participation in functional specifications, user story definition, prototyping, and story point estimation for projects
- Participation in evaluation and prototyping of new technologies, coding practices, or third party technology for use in products
- Design and develop software solutions that solve industry / client / driver problems discovered by NPD product management
- Testing of products under development with department’s Test Driven Development Agile practices or by supporting traditional Quality Assurances processes. Automated test script development in conjunction with supporting continuous deployment and integration.
- Support technical innovations developed for purposes of sales demonstrations of strong technical capabilities
- Participate in NPD’s Lean Startup Product-Market Fit validation strategies and experiments.
- Perform an active role in technical leadership, architecture strategy, and overseeing other team member’s work.
Technical Standards Responsibilities
- Review and understand existing technologies, standards, processes and policies as a basis for recommendations.
- Participate in Architecture Review Board, and project design and code reviews
Technology Selection and Evolution Responsibilities
- Research and identification candidate technologies aligned with current and potential business and technical needs
Knowledge Sharing / Subject Matter Expertise Responsibilities
- Provide Coaching & Mentoring to development and UX staff
- Advocate for the adoption of newly introduced technologies, technical standards, patterns and frameworks
- Active Participation in industry groups and technical conferences
Demonstrate thought leadership, helping company recognize technology capabilities and trends that meet strategic business objectives and open new opportunities or drive its evolution
- Strong Familiarity with the following technologies:
- Solid Xamarin experience (2+ years)
- Microsoft .NET Framework up to and including 4.6+
- Automated Build, Test & Deployment Technologies (e.g., Git, Stash, Octopus, Jenkins, TeamCity, Veracode, MSTest, nUnit, etc.)
- Mobile/Wireless and Compact Device development tools, frameworks and technologies
- Proficient with MS productivity products including Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from four-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to operate PC.