Senior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer
In 2016, digital ads drove 108 billion phone calls to U.S. businesses… Surprisingly, the marketers who paid for those ads typically have zero insight into these customer interactions and conversions. As the market leader in call analytics and customer experience optimization, our client provides data-driven marketers with an end-to-end call attribution and analytics platform. This enterprise-class solution delivers transparency and control over every conversation, so companies can optimize lead generation, map the full path to conversion, and increase sales conversions.
Thanks to smartphones, consumers are calling businesses to engage in conversation at record rates throughout every stage of the customer journey, and our client is changing the world of voice communication for their customers. They enable their customers to better attribute their voice interactions at each stage of the marketing and sales processes and more quickly convert those calls to sales.
Our client is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer that is passionate about building highly reliable, flexible and scalable systems that support their most important systems. They are in the midst of transitioning from running in their own colocated data centers to AWS. You will build out infrastructure that handles 10’s of millions of voice minutes a month and 10’s of millions of web requests per day.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Work with DevOps engineers to design and deploy base infrastructure
- Work with the development teams to help them build and run their products
- Build redundant and highly available systems
- Capacity plan, including tracking growth and scaling the platform as needed, automatically as appropriate
- Contribute to the handling of performance impacting events with diligence and efficiency
What you will need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar experience
- Experience with AWS base services such as EC2, S3, VPC, IAM and CloudWatch
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation, Ansible and/or similar automation tools
- Experience with Red Hat/CentOS Enterprise Linux and/or Amazon Linux
- Solid Networking understanding and skills
- Excellent communication, organization and documentation abilities
- Desire to help others and work in a team where a culture of learning and sharing knowledge is pivotal
- Experience with Agile methodologies, Continuous Delivery and zero downtime platform updates
Nice to have:
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Usage of other AWS services such as Route53, KMS, Kinesis, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, RDS and DynamoDB
- Experience with Kamailio, Asterisk, SIP/RTP
- Experience with Big Data tools such as Hadoop or Redshift
Our client is looking for: Smarter than average, hard Working, Ambitious, and Nice – they want the best on their team and in turn they give the best. Join one of the Best and Brightest Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 6 times running, and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company!